New Beyer DT1350
May 29, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #3,901 of 4,010
But thanks to both, I've never felt I needed to jump into in ear monitors.  And those would cost a mint...

You mean IEMs? They don't have to cost a lot. For example, the Dunu Titan1's go on sale for $79 periodically, and they are universally praised (for good reason - they are awesome).

May 30, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #3,902 of 4,010
Ok, I worked out what the problem was. It wasn't the positioning of the cups, but the clamping force was too loose. This is why it sounded like garbage. I extended the cups right out, bent the arms in a good few millimetres and hey presto, bass and proper sound.

May 30, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #3,903 of 4,010
Not sure if I've asked this in the thread or not, but how do the dt1350's fair for glasses wearer's?  I use headphones/iems at work mainly where I need to wear glasses for vdu use.  I would use my hd 25's more but for one thing and that's the glasses factor.  There's not much point in me potentially getting a set of dt1350's if I run into the same problem.

Thanks.

May 30, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #3,904 of 4,010
  Not sure if I've asked this in the thread or not, but how do the dt1350's fair for glasses wearer's?  I use headphones/iems at work mainly where I need to wear glasses for vdu use.  I would use my hd 25's more but for one thing and that's the glasses factor.  There's not much point in me potentially getting a set of dt1350's if I run into the same problem.

Thanks.

It can be an issue, to be honest. I absolutely love the 1350s, but I can't really wear them more than an hour or so at a time when I have my glasses on, which is usually all the time. I have better headphones at home to use, so I usually only use the 1350s on the road, so it's pretty rare I would not have my glasses on with them. 

May 31, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #3,906 of 4,010

Thanks.

While I can't talk about personal experience due to me not having glasses, someone mentioned that putting the arms of his glasses on top of the cups (i.e. putting on the headphone before the glasses) worked for him. That way you would not have the arms being put under pressure by the pads.

May 31, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #3,907 of 4,010
Yeah I've tried that method with the hd 25's and it doesn't really work for me.  Thanks for the input though.  Look's like it's iem/glasses and headphones for when I'm not wearing them.

May 31, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #3,908 of 4,010
  Yeah I've tried that method with the hd 25's and it doesn't really work for me.  Thanks for the input though.  Look's like it's iem/glasses and headphones for when I'm not wearing them.

The DT1350 cups are quite a bit smaller than the HD25 cups, but I understand that solution might not be optimal...

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #3,910 of 4,010
  Hey all, I'm hoping someone could tell me if before the Massdrop deal ends if these are worth the buy for the price

Well, Amazon is currently at about $225, so the price is very good.  I'm sure everyone here will gladly tell you that they are great sounding.  The only question is do you want a coiled cable?

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #3,914 of 4,010
  Plan to use it for portable use. I don't mind coiled cable.

Is there any reason why people don't like coiled cables?

Yeh the coiled cable is heavier as its a meter longer than the straight cable, the only slight drawback is the rather large 3.5mm plug, its straight and quite chunky so may not fit if you plan to use it with a smartphone thats in a case.

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #3,915 of 4,010
  Hey all, I'm hoping someone could tell me if before the Massdrop deal ends if these are worth the buy for the price

They are pretty much a steal for that price. Great sound quality, outstanding build quality, comfort can be an issue as they clamp fairly hard but thats part of their design so they don't come off when moving around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back