New Beyer DT1350
May 29, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #3,286 of 4,010
Might as well share here too...

The Beyers really play nicely with the Rx MkIII.  I just need to give these phones a touch of bass, and they really sing.

May 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #3,287 of 4,010
Quote:
btw, I remember Vsonic's GR07 being compared to the DT1350 as others say they both kinda share the same sound signature. Well I never agreed to that matter as I've always found GR07s to be lacking in mids while the DT1350s having perfect mids for my taste. I think I have found DT1350s' IEM counterpart... It is still from Vsonic. The VC02! I think they're as transparent / almost as detailed as the DT1350s. They just don't have the same texture for the bass but they have the same tightness! For me, VC02 is much closer to the DT1350s than the GR07s. YMMV of course. Just saying..

I'm one of the guys who compared the GR07 to the DT1350.  So you think the VC02 sounds similar to the DT1350, huh?  I might try them out since the price is reasonable.

How is the sub-bass on  the VC02?  One of the reasons I love both the DT1350 and the GR07 is the incredible sub-bass of these two models. 

May 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #3,288 of 4,010
Quote:
I have yet to encounter a headphone (of any type) that can go as low as the DT 1350's low-end. Can someone suggest me some? :)

Try the AKG K550.  I have not heard them both side by side (the K550 is at home and I use the DT1350 at work), but I think their bass is comparable.  

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #3,289 of 4,010
Quote:
Try the AKG K550.  I have not heard them both side by side (the K550 is at home and I use the DT1350 at work), but I think their bass is comparable.  

That's a coincidence.  
smile.gif

Having gifted my DT1350 to a friend because of the way they pinch my ears against my skull, after a lot of research, I replaced them (as my "office" cans) with the AKG K550.   

They are indeed pretty similar in sonics, but...  You need a wide head to get a tight seal for good bass extension.  Ironically, just as people complain that the DT1350 can be too tight, a lot of people complain that the K550 can be too loose.  They're a little bit loose on my head, too.

Mike

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #3,290 of 4,010
JUst picked up a pair of these from the FS forum along with a pair of MDR1R which I plan to dynamat mod. I tend to dislike on ears due to pinching but in a 1/2 hour test at a store I thought the DT1350 was better than most I have tried. Only time and use will tell for sure. The good new is I picked them up for a reasonable price so should l
not lose to much if they don't work out.

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #3,291 of 4,010
I'm one of the guys who compared the GR07 to the DT1350.  So you think the VC02 sounds similar to the DT1350, huh?  I might try them out since the price is reasonable.

How is the sub-bass on  the VC02?  One of the reasons I love both the DT1350 and the GR07 is the incredible sub-bass of these two models. 

The sub-bass of the VC02 is not that powerful to be compared to the DT1350.. But they have that tonality of neutrality and transparency that makes them sound like DT1350 to me. especially the mids. But if you're mainly after the sub-bass, you'll not gonna be that happy. What I don't like about GR07 is the ability of sub-bass to cloud the mids sometimes but I guess it's the mids own fault for being a little bit shy.

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #3,292 of 4,010
Quote:

That's a coincidence.  
smile.gif

Having gifted my DT1350 to a friend because of the way they pinch my ears against my skull, after a lot of research, I replaced them (as my "office" cans) with the AKG K550.   

They are indeed pretty similar in sonics, but...  You need a wide head to get a tight seal for good bass extension.  Ironically, just as people complain that the DT1350 can be too tight, a lot of people complain that the K550 can be too loose.  They're a little bit loose on my head, too.

Mike

They are loose on my head also, yet I get a good seal.   

Both the K550 and the DT1350 are great for office use since they isolate so well.  I chose the DT1350 to keep a low profile...I don't want people to think I'm just goofing around.  When the DT1350s start to hurt my ears, I switch to my GR07.

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #3,293 of 4,010
Quote:
The sub-bass of the VC02 is not that powerful to be compared to the DT1350.. But they have that tonality of neutrality and transparency that makes them sound like DT1350 to me. especially the mids. But if you're mainly after the sub-bass, you'll gonna be that happy. What I don't like about GR07 is the ability of sub-bass to cloud the mids sometimes but I guess it's the mids own fault for being a little bit shy.

Hmm, thanks for the info. 

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #3,294 of 4,010
I had the K550 and do think they have a bigger soundstage and netter positioning along with obvious improved comfort. But the trade off is the size and bulk which always makes me too uncomfortable in the office from an optics perspective as well.

Both are exceptionally clear and great headphones. The DT1350 seems to have a slight edge in sub-bass but also struggled with some of my older rock music (Rush seemed a bit cold and thin sounding) but was stunning for female vocals, jazz and pianos. the K550 was a more well rounded performer working well with all genres. I think they are a great tandem. The Shure 940 is also a great option for a full size.

I find all the these,headphones to be clearer and more midcentric than the GR07.

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #3,295 of 4,010
Quote:

Thanks! :) Will definitely try it when I have the opportunity.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #3,296 of 4,010
I had the K550 and do think they have a bigger soundstage and netter positioning along with obvious improved comfort. But the trade off is the size and bulk which always makes me too uncomfortable in the office from an optics perspective as well.

Both are exceptionally clear and great headphones. The DT1350 seems to have a slight edge in sub-bass but also struggled with some of my older rock music (Rush seemed a bit cold and thin sounding) but was stunning for female vocals, jazz and pianos. the K550 was a more well rounded performer working well with all genres. I think they are a great tandem. The Shure 940 is also a great option for a full size.

I find all the these,headphones to be clearer and more midcentric than the GR07.
940 all the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back