New Beyer DT1350
May 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #301 of 4,010

Quote:

Of these three the P5 is by far the darkest for me. It's almost "muffled". And the H800 does have that boosted "presence range" of 3-7KHz that you earlier doubted it has. So in direct comparison the magnitude of the difference seems a lot bigger than it really is.
For me the DT1350 is on the warm side of the force. Not dark at all. And slightly laid back, I can agree to that. But only if you achieve perfect seal. Maybe you should go the other way round and loose some of that to bring back the presence a little more (/ loose some of that fundament)? Just saying.

Disclaimer: I am a "bright, please!" kind of guy, I prefer bright sounding headgear. The P5 for example is painful to listen to for me because of it's muddy darkness that sucks out all the energy...

m00h

I had the P5 for about a year and I recently got rid of it for the same reason you did. Both my iGrado and Grado SR60i completely blows the P5 out of the water when it came to mids and detail. It also put some aspects of this hobby into perspective and proved to me that just because you pay top dollar for a headphone doesn't necessarily mean you'll get top dollar sound. I expected so much from the P5 and I was so disappoint by it. Hopefully the 1350's don't disappoint me like the P5s did. The only good thing I liked about the P5's was they handled sibilant music better then most headphones.

@shamrock134

If you want a headphone whose bass will shake you like an earthquake I suggest you look towards the Sony MDR XB line. All those cans are meant for is slamming your brain around in your head with bass assault.

May 14, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #303 of 4,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@shamrock134

If you want a headphone whose bass will shake you like an earthquake I suggest you look towards the Sony MDR XB line. All those cans are meant for is slamming your brain around in your head with bass assault.

Sorry guys, my question was a rather tongue in cheek one in response to badbob's description of the DT1350's bass in another thread as being like an earthquake.
tongue.gif

I already own all the XB range, but I'm always in the market for a portable to surpass my ES10, but sadly I do not think the DT1350 is for me based on the impressions I have read. It does look nice though.

May 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #304 of 4,010
1) I'm fairly certain I did not say there was a review on Tyll's site - but the test results are there, if you have the ability to find them (hard to do I know).
2) The earthquake effect as I described it again and again requires frequencies at or below 20 hz, which is being grossly misrepresented here.

May 16, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #308 of 4,010
OK question towards the people who already own the DT1350.

Has anyone tried pairing it with the Headstage Arrow 3G yet? I have a chance to pick one up from a fellow head fier in my city and I'm wondering if the pairing is a good idea? Impressions needed people, good idea or bad idea?

Never mind the opportunity is no longer available.

May 18, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #309 of 4,010
Hello all

Can someone please explain if the DT-1350 has a good soundstage? I currently have the Senn HD 25-II and find them utterly dull, lifeless, and boxed-in to listen too. I am desperate to sell them. Will the DT-1350 serve me better?

Thanks.

May 18, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #310 of 4,010

Quote:
Hello all

Can someone please explain if the DT-1350 has a good soundstage? I currently have the Senn HD 25-II and find them utterly dull, lifeless, and boxed-in to listen too. I am desperate to sell them. Will the DT-1350 serve me better?

Thanks.

While I am really happy with my pair of DT 1350's I am not convinced they'll be your cup of tea. The DT 1350 is very accurate and does have a (slightly) bigger soundstage than the Senn HD 25 in my ears. On the other hand I must say that the Senn's sound more exciting than the Beyers according to most people. Maybe you can demo them some time. I would not advise you to buy them without hearing them yourself. The risk is just too big for someone with your taste imo.

May 18, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #312 of 4,010

Quote:
These two are both studio monitors so a reasonably good source is recommended, a real good source (and amp) has good soundstaging.

May 19, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #313 of 4,010
DT-1350 just arrived at home. Can't wait to get home from work and do some unpacking. 

May 19, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #314 of 4,010

Quote:
DT-1350 just arrived at home. Can't wait to get home from work and do some unpacking. 

Be sure to throw up some pics and give us your first impressions

May 19, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #315 of 4,010

Quote:

Hey rasmushorn I'm pretty sure you will enjoy these more  then the T50p. (I sure do myself anyway) Mine got almost 100 hours of burn in and they have opened up and now I'm getting the nice layered bass that was missing. I'm thinking of making a comparaison of the following headhpones/IEM for my own pleasure but might share with this group: Beyer DT1350, Denon D5000 (1/2 Markl), Ortofon e-Q5 and Audio Technica ATH-6D. It's to bad I no longer have the Beyer T50p and AT ESW9. Now just need to set some time aside to do this. 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back