New Beyer DT1350
Jun 22, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #1,816 of 4,010
Would people please get back on the topic of DT1350?

And as for comparing a K70X to a DT1350? They are not competitors. One is full sized and open the one is portable and closed. Having owned a 702 I would say that the Beyer will hit bass notes that the AKG could only dream about. Fine the AKG will have the space and the definition but for a full size can...grab an LCD2 or HE series and wipe the floor with the AKG.

Let's compare apples with apples....

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #1,818 of 4,010
Thanks for the link. Interesting but a massive hole just before 5 k but nice and flat lower down.

I like the look and construction of the DT1350. Wouldn't mind playing with a set of magnums one day though.

I am listening to my DT's now with the Rx3 and they have great bass for a portable can.

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #1,819 of 4,010
That is funny. 30 posts gone. A bit like Men in Black.....

Thanks modds. Great clean up.

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #1,820 of 4,010
Quote:
swarthy said:
On July 15, 2009, in Ottawa, Canada, the band KISS achieved a SPL of 136 dB measured during their live performance (not the sound check). After noise complaints from neighbors in the area, the band was forced to turn the volume down.

Correction. I recall that show. It was not noise complaints but lack of anything remotely resembling music complaints.

On topic, I find that the 1350 gives you pretty much all the music (and it's dynamics and energy) at moderate volumes. I think it's the lack of distortion and housing resonances that tempt people to crank it up with the 1350. Either that or they are attempting to make the bass go apes--t and it refuses to participate.

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #1,821 of 4,010
A question for anyone who has rewired their DT's, she. You change the wiring to a Y entry wire you end up not using the small holes where the wire used to go over the headband. Do people find that they sound better with these closed or do they add a bass port type of effect? They are barely noticeable but thought that I would see what others recommend.

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #1,822 of 4,010
Quote:
A question for anyone who has rewired their DT's, she. You change the wiring to a Y entry wire you end up not using the small holes where the wire used to go over the headband. Do people find that they sound better with these closed or do they add a bass port type of effect? They are barely noticeable but thought that I would see what others recommend.

Never thought about this before but I know mine have a small tube like extension that has a hole in it on the top parts of each cup.  This could act as a port...interesting.  Look at 10 o'clock in the first image and about 3 pm in the second for the tube.  Your stock one does not have this?  Just checking images of the stock cable version it looks like this tube material is the cable reinforcement for the wire as it goes into the cup without any wire...it could be open and provide porting for the air on the back side. It does appear to be an opening into the cup.

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #1,823 of 4,010
Wow. Thanks for the pics Wiser.

I had mine rewired by Qusp and he removed all of the old wire and replaced all of the small inside stuff with larger wire too. Where you have the short lengths coming out at the tops, I have the small hole from where those wires were removed. I don't know why they didn't remove your small wires? Probably to block the holes?

I wonder what the sound difference is between ours?

Perhaps I should put a small blob of silicone etc to seal the holes.

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #1,824 of 4,010
Does anyone who own these have the Beyerdynamic DT770/880/990 headphones? I want to know if the headbands of those fit around the DT1350's dual headbands, sacrificing the functionality but for better comfort. I've been trying to get hold of Beyer replacement headbands but not such luck :frowning2: 

I hope someone with access to the headbands can try this "comfort mod" (at least temporarily) and post some pictures for the rest of us who love the sound but not the comfort. 

Actually, other headphone's headbands may work too. 

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #1,825 of 4,010
Experiment with blue tac haha!

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #1,826 of 4,010
I did actually think of that whilst typing in my silastic thought. May have to grab some on Monday and see if it makes any difference.

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #1,828 of 4,010
Beyer headband didn't work. I might try using the strips from a hd25 to replace those on the dt. They are fuller

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #1,830 of 4,010
Erm,, I'll get pictures up if I can remember tomorrow, but basically (unless u extend the adjustable arms to their max) you would block the arms from swinging, and the headband is also too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back