New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Sep 20, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #10,712 of 11,260

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-20-21-09-57-691~2.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-09-20-21-09-57-691~2.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 20, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #10,713 of 11,260
I assume the DI20HE will come in the MK3 chassis now that R7R8 is mk3 chassis...I would wait for it if you got the R7HEMK3...but make more room 🤣
I am hoping to not need the D120HE (DDC) since I will be connecting my streamer (Rose130) directly to the R7HEMK3 via i2s. So no USB at all and clock data will be transported direct via i2s. Fingers crossed.

Sep 20, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #10,714 of 11,260
I am hoping to not need the D120HE (DDC) since I will be connecting my streamer (Rose130) directly to the R7HEMK3 via i2s. So no USB at all and clock data will be transported direct via i2s. Fingers crossed.
Wow that sounds nice! waiting for your impressions!

Sep 20, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #10,715 of 11,260
Sep 20, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #10,716 of 11,260

You checked that the Rose has matching IIS connections or is configurable?

Sep 20, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #10,717 of 11,260
You checked that the Rose has matching IIS connections or is configurable?
Good question and yes. I sent the i2s mapping (Profile A= PS Audio) and (Profile B= Javs) fo the HDMI mapping of the Hifi Rose RS130 and Audio GD responded that the mapping for the R7HEMK3 matches Profile A. Which is not surprising as PS Audio is a very common profile. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Attachments

• i2s.png
    i2s.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Sep 20, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #10,718 of 11,260
Trust me treating the USB signal path is a wonder of great results(trials/errors) the RS130 really great from features! even 50/75Ohm clock input!
1695241686303.png

I think you have a really great streamer/130 with a well thought-out design, even implementing optical fiber SFP input. I think the USB/DAC port on the 130 could beat the I2S into the R7HEMK2. I have said it couple of times in this thread, but, don´t look at the DI20HE as a DDC, Im certain you will agree when you get a full impression of it. You have atleast the option to add USB Device.

My recommendation to you in the first 500-3000hours: Notice how, music it is, and not the hardware. Its not quite warm nor cold. In the start of my burn.in, I felt it lacked character/personality, which I just understood recently, why. It simply does not stand in the way of the music!
_
The network domain is a totally different taste for me, I don´t know how you feed the streamer, but too much tweaking can lock/choke the music, and you will maybe not experience the free sound of audio-gd. I wasted money on an audiophile switch I thought would elevate the quality some more, but found out it locked the sound even more. I would keep it close to simple as possible.
_
When it comes to power tweaking, I found out, simple was the answer for me(DC Blocker). I am only saying it because its easy to buy all kinds of "tweaking" stuff and think its good, but in the end to find out that Kingwas idea was better, the journey of audio-gd for me, is coming close to this sonic character.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #10,719 of 11,260
Trust me treating the USB signal path is a wonder of great results(trials/errors) the RS130 really great from features! even 50/75Ohm clock input!
1695241686303.png
I think you have a really great streamer/130 with a well thought-out design, even implementing optical fiber SFP input. I think the USB/DAC port on the 130 could beat the I2S into the R7HEMK2. I have said it couple of times in this thread, but, don´t look at the DI20HE as a DDC, Im certain you will agree when you get a full impression of it. You have atleast the option to add USB Device.

My recommendation to you in the first 500-3000hours: Notice how, music it is, and not the hardware. Its not quite warm nor cold. In the start of my burn.in, I felt it lacked character/personality, which I just understood recently, why. It simply does not stand in the way of the music!
_
The network domain is a totally different taste for me, I don´t know how you feed the streamer, but too much tweaking can lock/choke the music, and you will maybe not experience the free sound of audio-gd. I wasted money on an audiophile switch I thought would elevate the quality some more, but found out it locked the sound even more. I would keep it close to simple as possible.
_
When it comes to power tweaking, I found out, simple was the answer for me(DC Blocker). I am only saying it because its easy to buy all kinds of "tweaking" stuff and think its good, but in the end to find out that Kingwas idea was better, the journey of audio-gd for me, is coming close to this sonic character.
Thank you @OCC7N for the detailed reply. All great suggestions. Just to answer one of the questions, I feed the streamer like this, ethernet from the wall into a fiber media converter then outputted as fiber direct into Hifi Rose 130. The Fiber Media converter is powered by a LPS which is overkill because once ethernet is converted to fiber there is no noise to be carried down a fiber cable. I like your suggestions, very helpful.

Sep 20, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #10,720 of 11,260
Thank you @OCC7N for the detailed reply. All great suggestions. Just to answer one of the questions, I feed the streamer like this, ethernet from the wall into a fiber media converter then outputted as fiber direct into Hifi Rose 130. The Fiber Media converter is powered by a LPS which is overkill because once ethernet is converted to fiber there is no noise to be carried down a fiber cable. I like your suggestions, very helpful.
Sounds great! - and always keep it overkill! :sunglasses:

Sep 20, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #10,721 of 11,260
The Fiber Media converter is powered by a LPS which is overkill because once ethernet is converted to fiber there is no noise to be carried down a fiber cable.
The LPS still makes an improvement, because the converter works better with a regular power supply. The difference is small, but the more transparent is a system, the better you hear it. And small improvements are cumulative.

Sep 20, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #10,722 of 11,260
The LPS still makes an improvement, because the converter works better with a regular power supply. The difference is small, but the more transparent is a system, the better you hear it. And small improvements are cumulative.
I like the way you think, LOL. To take it a step further I can use a Fiber Breakout box to convert USB into Fiber and attach an external SSD to the streamer once again eliminating all noise for locally stored music. I just use the SSD storage bay internally to the RS130 aka streamer as the breakout box is very pricey but that could be my holiday gift to myself this year, if I am good that is.

Sep 20, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #10,723 of 11,260
I like the way you think, LOL. To take it a step further I can use a Fiber Breakout box to convert USB into Fiber and attach an external SSD to the streamer once again eliminating all noise for locally stored music. I just use the SSD storage bay internally to the RS130 aka streamer as the breakout box is very pricey but that could be my holiday gift to myself this year, if I am good that is.
It will improve the sound for sure. I'm using USB fiber differently, and it was a great upgrade when I installed it.

Sep 20, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #10,724 of 11,260
It will improve the sound for sure. I'm using USB fiber differently, and it was a great upgrade when I installed it.
Curious, now are you using USB fiber?

Sep 20, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #10,725 of 11,260
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back