New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Sep 18, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #10,666 of 11,305
I’m on the beginning audiogd sistem. I have an he1 vacuum preamp with an master 2H and an stremer neo. Problem is that i will be able to use just xlr comevtions because of he1 vacuum.
Question is - will lose to much quality because of this limitation or the vacuum xlr is ok’s ? Speakers ar pbn liberty and have a lot of acent on the top register
Many thanks

Sep 18, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #10,667 of 11,305
I’m on the beginning audiogd sistem. I have an he1 vacuum preamp with an master 2H and an stremer neo. Problem is that i will be able to use just xlr comevtions because of he1 vacuum.
Question is - will lose to much quality because of this limitation or the vacuum xlr is ok’s ? Speakers ar pbn liberty and have a lot of acent on the top register
Many thanks
Not so much. Having a very good xlr cable will be important.

Sep 18, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #10,669 of 11,305
The R7HE is a Stereophile Grade A recommended component:

Audio-GD R7HE MK3: $4990 in silver and black
Designed and developed under the leadership of Mr. He Qinghua, the "First Prize Winner" of the National Semiconductor (USA) Audio Design Contest, the R7HE MK2 features the Chinese manufacturer's current-domain topology. This two-channel processor features eight sets of fully discrete R–2R DAC modules for decoding PCM data and four sets of discrete DSD hardware decoders. There are six digital inputs—USB, I2S (over RCA and BNC), TosLink, AES3, and HDMI—and both balanced and single-ended analog outputs. It offers 2×, 4×, and 8× oversampling modes, as well as a NOS mode. While HR found that the R7HE's 8× oversampling mode pristine, pure, tight, and clear in a manner he was sure many audiophiles will find compelling, overall he thought oversampling "felt awkward and emotionally detached. It did not express recordings with as much beauty or feeling as NOS." HR concluded that what was unique and special about the Audio-GD R7HE MK2 in NOS mode was "how it renders recordings in a heightened state of naturally lit beauty and how clearly it conveys the force and drive behind recorded sounds. The R7HE delivered the dynamism and clarity of the Mola Mola Tambaqui coupled with the triode-like splendor of the HoloAudio May and Denafrips's Terminator Plus." (Vol.45 No.11 WWW)

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #10,671 of 11,305
Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #10,672 of 11,305
R8HEMK2/DI20HE owners: Tubulus Consensus V2 I2S

Don’t order the cable without letting them know the R8 port is inverted/upsidedown. The only way is side by side placement. Its not possible to place on top of each other, unless you bent the cable in an unhuman, “impossible” way!

R7/HE7 owners no problem for you guys!😊👍

Sep 18, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #10,673 of 11,305
"The R7HE delivered the dynamism and clarity of the Mola Mola Tambaqui coupled with the triode-like splendor of the HoloAudio May and Denafrips's Terminator Plus."

So it should deserve to be in the A+ category as Tambaqui and May.

Matt
Add an external clock and it is a+ AFAIC.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #10,675 of 11,305
Agree, but according to the review it should be in A+ also without the external clock.

Matt
Its beyond. Its massive. Its not there. Its just the music

Sep 18, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #10,676 of 11,305
Many recommended Robertson and Nimak for acss. They should have nice xlrs too. A litz design is best in general.
In the past i use neotech for silver occ and furutech for copper occ. with plugs from mundorf or wbt for rca and neotech for xlr. Just spdif i found best sound with oyaide 510 and wbt silver. I will tray with this setup a diy cable with teflon tape and quartz and as a dielectric and spot welder.

Sep 18, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #10,677 of 11,305
Okay first question. I see that Magna offers a "silver upgrade," on the R7HE Mk2/3. Is this a nice to have or is this an imperative upgrade. My apologies if this has been asked and answered so forgive the newbie question in advance.

Sep 18, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #10,678 of 11,305
Okay first question. I see that Magna offers a "silver upgrade," on the R7HE Mk2/3. Is this a nice to have or is this an imperative upgrade. My apologies if this has been asked and answered so forgive the newbie question in advance.
Although I have a very favorable opinion of Magna I would pass on that simply because Kingwa doesn't cut corners. I think if there was any way to make the product significantly better at a reasonable cost, he would already have done it.

Sep 18, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #10,680 of 11,305
Although I have a very favorable opinion of Magna I would pass on that simply because Kingwa doesn't cut corners. I think if there was any way to make the product significantly better at a reasonable cost, he would already have done it.
Very helpful. I am no engineer but from what I can tell Kingwa is an artist when it comes to his electronics so if this was a need to have it would already be in there. I know there are always tweaks to be had but I prefer my tweaks on the outside vs the inside, for example cables, clocks, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back