New Audeze LCD3
Mar 26, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #4,771 of 11,521

Quote:
Quote:

But they'll work well when the apocalypse arrives, the power is out and I need something to keep my shoes on :) Actually I was strictly thinking of Audeze's stock black plastic ones, which are flat and do their job but really don't scream (or whisper) high-end.

I wasn't even thinking of other high-end cables as "plastic-covered", I really like the ones that maverickronin posted on the previous page, and saintly's above too, esp. with aluminum/grey headphones. Where I will draw the line though is condom-covered cabling (http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/images/UDIC-EX01.jpg)

LOL, I've actually made interconnects similar to those, but using transparent packing tape.

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #4,772 of 11,521
All these cables and yet no one has Cardas Clear's yet?  Googlei probably does but he's not talking!

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #4,774 of 11,521

Presenting... The Saga of the Cardas Clear Cables!

starring Icenine2

1/10/12:

Quote:
New Cardas Clear headphone cables are available.  Expensive!  I wonder what these would do for the LC3's?

2/8/12:

Quote:
Has anyone bought the Cardas Clear headphone cable yet?  No reports I can find.

1 month ago:

Quote:
CoolCat,

Do you happen to have the Cardas LCD clear cable?

2 days ago:

Quote:
I still can't believe with everyone here no one has the Cardas Clear cable for their LC3's!

Today:

Quote:
All these cables and yet no one has Cardas Clear's yet?  Googlei probably does but he's not talking!

Will someone get the Cardas Clear Cable ....?
Will it change the sound of the LCD-3 ....??
Will Googleli talk ....???

Stay tuned to see!
Same bat time.
Same bat channel.

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #4,777 of 11,521

Quote:
Funny. Never thought that when I first put the 2s on. Only after having them on for three hours did my head and neck start killing me that first month.

I'm on the other side. I don't want them to change the look of the LCDs. Over three months of use, these are so comfortable on my head. I have them on the second slot from the top. Everytime I put them on, it's a joy. I barely feel them, just a little bit. I love how expensive they look and showing it off to all my poor friends & family. And if the LCD-3s are really a little lighter like I've read, then I REALLY don't want them to change anything. And also, the Lambskin smell makes me want a grab a rifle and make me some leather shoes.

I do hope they make comfort improvements for the LCD-4 (and a new design too), but not at the cost of making it look like a toy, like the HE-500's design. It's black, which is nice, but it looks like plastic. The LCD combined with a Q cable makes a man...feel like a man. 
L3000.gif

I see your point but it's a shame when ergonomics hold the LCD3 back from being truly excellent. 

Quote:
There are plenty of amazing headphones that underwhelmed me when I first listened to them, so I would agree. The SR-007mk1 for instance was "meh" at first, especially compared to the more immediately impressive Lambdas, but over time it grew to become one of my favorite headphones. Heck, it took me an entire year to "get" the LCD-2 rev. 1, and now I'm quite fond of it.

Mental burn-in indeed.

Dark headphones in general are a no-no in meet environments although in the case of Omega2 vs Lambda, I seem to develop a preference for the latter during all these years. I guess their forward, detailed and airy characteristics make for exciting listening sessions. 

Quote:
I like plain looking cables.  All these 3rd party cables look ridiculous IMO.  They remind me of those plastic things elementary school girls would weave and hang on their backpacks. 
tongue.gif

I couldn't agree more and that's why Moon Audio's Silver Dragon cables get my nods. Very solidly built in the inside too. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #4,780 of 11,521
I don't know about the Moon Silver Dragons, but I'm trying out the Black Dragon on my HD800s and it a keeper, especially if you want to avoid fatigue. Best of copper I'd say. Really nice cord for my Senns. I think Drew built his reputation on the Black Dragons, as
they have  pretty long history.

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #4,781 of 11,521

Quote:
I don't know about the Moon Silver Dragons, but I'm trying out the Black Dragon on my HD800s and it a keeper, especially if you want to avoid fatigue. Best of copper I'd say. Really nice cord for my Senns. I think Drew built his reputation on the Black Dragons, as
they have  pretty long history.

With the HD800s, I would definitely go with the Black Dragons to help take a bit of the edge off, but with the LCD-Xs, I'm a huge fan of the Silver Dragons (FWIW, I've tried my Silver Dragon on the LCD-2 r1, r2 and LCD-3s).

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #4,782 of 11,521
q cable is now my default cable for LCD3. Sound so nice overall and plus that featherweight, what can you ask for more!

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #4,783 of 11,521
I'm a big fan of the standard DHC Molecule, for ergonomics, looks, reliability, and of course sound quality. I have four of them so I guess I like them. I have also owned Cardas, TwagV2, Black Dragon, ALO and APureSound aftermarket headphone cables among others.

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #4,784 of 11,521
I'll probably be picking up a XLR ended unit of the monstrously huge toxic cable venom plus a q cable terminated in 1/4 inch for portable/walking around use. Will post impressions when they arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back