New Audeze LCD3
Mar 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #4,787 of 11,521
They're selective responders. They respond to some emails and ignore others. At least that's my experience with them - some emails they got back to me within the hour, and on some never. They're good people, though.

Quote:
How long was it since you contaced them? Sankar sent me message just the other day.

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #4,788 of 11,521
I really want to hear these...I love my LCD 2, but I'm curious and the wood choice has grown on me.

No rush though. I've got to upgrade my sources before even thinking about a can upgrade so it's still a ways off...

No chance anyone in Austin has a pair, is there? :D

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #4,789 of 11,521
Man am I annoying or what!?!?  Apologies to all!!!

Quote:

Presenting... The Saga of the Cardas Clear Cables!

starring Icenine2

1/10/12:

2/8/12:

1 month ago:

2 days ago:

Today:

Will someone get the Cardas Clear Cable ....?
Will it change the sound of the LCD-3 ....??
Will Googleli talk ....???

Stay tuned to see!
Same bat time.
Same bat channel.

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #4,790 of 11,521
Guys, we all need to pitch in and buy Icenine2 the darn cable to shut him up already! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #4,792 of 11,521
Has anyone compared a pair of "unveiled 2011 LCD-3" to the latest LCD-3?

I listened to a used pair that were built last year, not sure if they were "veiled" or not but they sounded very good.  A little bass heavy, mids were very liquid/lucious but a little too recessed, high frequency detail was well presentented but a little laid back.

Now I have a brand new pair of LCD-3's (admittedly with only about 10 hours on them so far) and they sound quite different.  Bass is definately not as pronounced as before but is a little bit tighter and more accurate.  The mids are not as laid back but also don't seem to have the liquidity/luciousness the older pair had.  The highs are a bit more detailed than the older pair as well but also a little hard sounding to me.

Really good recordings sound great but it seems like more mediocre recordings are unpleasant sounding now.  The old audiophile paradox at work I guess...

Do I need to put more time on them before coming to a clear conclusion?

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #4,793 of 11,521
This makes me not want to RMA my 2011 pair....... Maybe the unveiled LCD-3 rev.2011will be a classic. Soon there will be loads of ads WTB: 2011 LCD-3!! 

Your desciption of the 2011 pair is like I should have descriebed mine. I have not heard any other LCD-3, though....

Quote:
Has anyone compared a pair of "unveiled 2011 LCD-3" to the latest LCD-3?

I listened to a used pair that were built last year, not sure if they were "veiled" or not but they sounded very good.  A little bass heavy, mids were very liquid/lucious but a little too recessed, high frequency detail was well presentented but a little laid back.

Now I have a brand new pair of LCD-3's (admittedly with only about 10 hours on them so far) and they sound quite different.  Bass is definately not as pronounced as before but is a little bit tighter and more accurate.  The mids are not as laid back but also don't seem to have the liquidity/luciousness the older pair had.  The highs are a bit more detailed than the older pair as well but also a little hard sounding to me.

Really good recordings sound great but it seems like more mediocre recordings are unpleasant sounding now.  The old audiophile paradox at work I guess...

Do I need to put more time on them before coming to a clear conclusion?

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #4,797 of 11,521
I've refrained from posting my post-RMA impressions as they sent them back with the same inconsistent padding.  Just called them up and they said the new black pads should not have those issues.  $80 to order.  This will be my last shot to get the Audeze working to my satisfaction.

Edit - in response to Maxvla yes they are charging me.

I should clarify - the new CS rep seemed to confirm that there were new black pads, but they may just be sending me more consistent brown ones.  Sometimes they can look black in different lighting.  

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #4,799 of 11,521
That sucks Radio_Head, I hope this last shot is an out-of-the-park home run for you.

Unless Alex and Sankar are independently wealthy, I can't even imagine the pressure that they must be under to get the LCD-3 right.

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #4,800 of 11,521
My pair that I just sent to Audez'e had brown leather. They sounded pretty "rich" and "creamy" to me, to borrow some Andy-isms, but they were perhaps a bit muffled. In terms of performance they seemed to fit purrin's LCD-2.5 descriptor.

I wonder if they'll replace the leather with the black pads / headband, or just keep the brown?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back