New Audeze LCD3
Mar 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #4,802 of 11,521
Mine were from the newest batch released last week and mine came with the brown headband and ear pads.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #4,804 of 11,521

Quote:
If you're just talking about this picture, it could easily be the photograph making the leather look black.  I've seen that kind of thing happen with the same lighting

Just ask anyone who has tried buying Stax Omega II headband arcs. Hard to tell whether you're getting the older brown or newer black arcs, depending on the distributor...

Mar 29, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #4,805 of 11,521

I've seen other pictures, but yes - the brown is very dark (at least on mine) and it could be hard to tell. If they're still going fo brown as standard, my guess is that Audez'e might have run out of brown and shipped some units in black, or they made some with black on special order... 
Quote:
If you're just talking about this picture, it could easily be the photograph making the leather look black.  I've seen that kind of thing happen with the same lighting

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #4,806 of 11,521
Hey, have you guys seen the design update to the LCD-2s? http://www.head-fi.org/t/600884/audeze-lcd-2-design-update I honestly have to say I find the Bamboo more to my taste than my LCD-3s zebrawood though the zebrawood with the brown leather does still look a bit more "high-end"/ultrasone edition-10 esque :)

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #4,807 of 11,521
Thanks - pasting in a photo
b77a3f3d_lcd2-headphone01_2.jpeg

Quote:
Hey, have you guys seen the design update to the LCD-2s? http://www.head-fi.org/t/600884/audeze-lcd-2-design-update I honestly have to say I find the Bamboo more to my taste than my LCD-3s zebrawood though the zebrawood with the brown leather does still look a bit more "high-end"/ultrasone edition-10 esque :)

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #4,810 of 11,521
I am honestly more interested in the upgraded LCD-2's, but the reason I didn't release my LCD-2 R1's is because of it being different.  Scared of the sound profile changing enough for me to not like the LCD-2's, someone convince me otherwise? The design changes look fabulous.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #4,812 of 11,521

I couldn't agree more and that's why Moon Audio's Silver Dragon cables get my nods. Very solidly built in the inside too. 

I find the SD3 to look boring compared to the Q. That's just me, though...and I usually like plain black!

q cable is now my default cable for LCD3. Sound so nice overall and plus that featherweight, what can you ask for more!

jecklinsmile.gif

The frustration of my LCD 2 not having the angled connectors is starting to set in...

I know, right? I was OK with just the LCD-3s having them, but now that the LCD-2 has them, I'm like 
angry_face.gif

That looks pretty good, I especially like the little slats but I think the Rosewood looked more elegant overall.

I agree 100%. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #4,813 of 11,521
I still remember the R1 having more of a 'vibe' about it. Certainly not as clear sounding as the R2, but in the end I'd say it was more musical. Its recreation of drum sounds was second to nothing I've heard since.

Also the R2 has a mild upper mids emphasis that makes it less 'non-fatiguing' in comparison with the R1.

How's that?
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
I am honestly more interested in the upgraded LCD-2's, but the reason I didn't release my LCD-2 R1's is because of it being different.  Scared of the sound profile changing enough for me to not like the LCD-2's, someone convince me otherwise? The design changes look fabulous.

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #4,814 of 11,521
Are the Rev 2's going to be a collector's item now, or what?

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #4,815 of 11,521
maybe i'll just get both then sometime down the line.

Quote:
I still remember the R1 having more of a 'vibe' about it. Certainly not as clear sounding as the R2, but in the end I'd say it was more musical. Its recreation of drum sounds was second to nothing I've heard since.

Also the R2 has a mild upper mids emphasis that makes it less 'non-fatiguing' in comparison with the R1.

How's that?
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back