New Audeze LCD3
Mar 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #4,756 of 11,521
Probably not that high given the limited number of strands and short length. If the weave is fairly loose, I wouldn't be surprised if the capacitance is the same or even lower. I guess I could measure it.

Mar 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #4,757 of 11,521
You have the kumihimo, not the regular weave?

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #4,758 of 11,521

Quote:
Thanks for info, but prices in Europe are even crazier. In this Swedish shop LCD3 costs 21,200 SEK which equals to $3,148.95 (without shipping).
Maybe I should just take a plane to USA and collect them personally from Audeze factory:)

You can get them from major european retailers at 2500 USD inc. shipping.

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #4,760 of 11,521
Re: Cables: I second Q Audio cables, while I honestly can't hear much of a difference, they sound great. Primarily though, I strongly feel that plastic cables are not esthetically fitting for headphones that expensive, and not only are the QA cables fairly reasonably priced for audiophile cabling compared to other offerings, but at no extra charge Steve Eddy went the extra mile to offer customization incl. the braiding combination and fabric color choices.

Turns out I'm not the only one who went with this kind of choice ^_^

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #4,761 of 11,521
I was looking at options when demoing the LCD3s, and think something like these would be nice:
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/edt-cotton-ear-seals.html

Did anybody try them to see if they are stretchy enough to fit the larger LCD3 pads? Any other similar options? I think there might be white ones but they look a bit much like hospital gear...

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #4,762 of 11,521
Primarily though, I strongly feel that plastic cables are not esthetically fitting for headphones that expensive.

And I feel strongly that shoe laces have no business being on my headphones. Give me naked cables where I can see the metal over cloth covered any day.

Mar 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #4,763 of 11,521

Quote:
Re: Cables: I second Q Audio cables, while I honestly can't hear much of a difference, they sound great. Primarily though, I strongly feel that plastic cables are not esthetically fitting for headphones that expensive, and not only are the QA cables fairly reasonably priced for audiophile cabling compared to other offerings, but at no extra charge Steve Eddy went the extra mile to offer customization incl. the braiding combination and fabric color choices.

Turns out I'm not the only one who went with this kind of choice ^_^

I heard enough of a difference to prefer the Q over the stock, but I agree with your views on appearance and value, and I like your style! 
biggrin.gif

Mine don't have the tracers/speckles though. I prefer more of the plain, retro look. 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 26, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #4,764 of 11,521

Quote:
And I feel strongly that shoe laces have no business being on my headphones. Give me naked cables where I can see the metal over cloth covered any day.

x2.

Toxic Cables does a great job at an incredible price.  Excuse the picture quality, but the individual strands of silver are actually very visible in person.

Mar 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #4,765 of 11,521

Quote:

LOL. I considered the Q cables because of the price, but indeed they reminded me of the shoe laces I had in these funky brown shoes I had in the 70s.

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #4,766 of 11,521
Quote:

But they'll work well when the apocalypse arrives, the power is out and I need something to keep my shoes on :) Actually I was strictly thinking of Audeze's stock black plastic ones, which are flat and do their job but really don't scream (or whisper) high-end.

I wasn't even thinking of other high-end cables as "plastic-covered", I really like the ones that maverickronin posted on the previous page, and saintly's above too, esp. with aluminum/grey headphones. Where I will draw the line though is condom-covered cabling (http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/images/UDIC-EX01.jpg)

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #4,768 of 11,521
I like plain looking cables.  All these 3rd party cables look ridiculous IMO.  They remind me of those plastic things elementary school girls would weave and hang on their backpacks. 
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #4,769 of 11,521
Both the q cable and the silver poison cable are good with the lcd2/3. They are both good values for the money.

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #4,770 of 11,521

Quote:
LOL. I considered the Q cables because of the price, but indeed they reminded me of the shoe laces I had in these funky brown shoes I had in the 70s.

And they feel like one too. But for me that's a bonus. Good sound = Good. Flexibility and Good Sound = Win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back