New AT Portables: ATH-ES10 and ATH-WS70
Dec 16, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #91 of 159
I ordered set of ws70 and I am waiting for them in the mail
smile.gif
I am also getting one of Gary's pocket amps, turns out Gary is just down the street from me.

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #92 of 159
hi guys!
I would like to post review of ES10 comparing to ESW10!
k701smile.gif

My rig is iPod~DOCKSTAAR DS-Augpt~XM5~ES10 and ESW10.

~treble~
ESW10 is very clear,but I think it is only clear..ES10 is also clear but its treble sound good! It is beautiful and sexy!
ESW10 is more boring than ES10. But ESW10`s sound may not be disliked.On the other hand, someone may say ES10` s treble is too sore.

~mid~
Each cans have each sound.ESW10 sounds milder than ES10.That`s vocal is very comfortable and sexy.In contrast,ES10`s vocal is so beautiful. It`s powerful and shining!
o2smile.gif
Female`s vocal matches ES10! It`s so beautiful!

~bass~
Amount of bass is different. ES10 have more amount of bass.Its bass has core,and is very powerful and energetic.
ESW10`s bass is very deep,the amount of bass is not too large.But it come from very deep position.I like this bass.

~summary~
ES10 have much bass,but treble and mid don`t hide behind its bass.This is amazing!As more broken,its sound become more clear but less sore!! It sound rock,pops and orchestra very good!!
ESW10 have almighty sound. Its clarity is outstanding.It sound jazz,vocal,R&B
very sexy and comfortable!

This is my short review.my statement may be mistaken..so please read this review with a tender heart.

Thank you!!
o2smile.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #93 of 159
Thanks for the review ety0820!

I also had time to listen to both the ESW10 and ES10 at Ishimaru-Denki in Akiba during a visit. I agree that the ES10 bass has more presence than the ESW10 and to me the ES10 is a more energetic headphone. The ESW10 is more neutral across the frequency but both headphones have a forward approach in the sound in the mids and not laid back like Sennheisers. The treble is clear on both but not ear piercing sibilance.

If I were to choose between the two, I would pick the ESW10 because it more natural sounding and its beautiful.

I also had a chance to listen to the Stax O2MkII and 404LE for the first time and I was truly amazed in how clear sounding electrostats are. I spent an hour listening to all the different headphones, it was awesome.
beerchug.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #94 of 159
Has anyone been able to buy or try out the ATH-WS70 yet? After buying the CKS70 and loving them I am interested in the subchamber system of these and whether it has a similar impact as the CKS70 subchamber system.

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #95 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the review ety0820!

I also had time to listen to both the ESW10 and ES10 at Ishimaru-Denki in Akiba during a visit. I agree that the ES10 bass has more presence than the ESW10 and to me the ES10 is a more energetic headphone. The ESW10 is more neutral across the frequency but both headphones have a forward approach in the sound in the mids and not laid back like Sennheisers. The treble is clear on both but not ear piercing sibilance.

If I were to choose between the two, I would pick the ESW10 because it more natural sounding and its beautiful.

I also had a chance to listen to the Stax O2MkII and 404LE for the first time and I was truly amazed in how clear sounding electrostats are. I spent an hour listening to all the different headphones, it was awesome.
beerchug.gif

I agree that ESW10 is more natural!!
regular_smile .gif
Difference between ESW10 and ES10 is very little! so people may choose either ESW10 or ES10 by own taste.
atsmile.gif

By the way I like ES10 better because ES10 sounds female vocal more beautiful and sexy!!
jecklinsmile.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #96 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone been able to buy or try out the ATH-WS70 yet? After buying the CKS70 and loving them I am interested in the subchamber system of these and whether it has a similar impact as the CKS70 subchamber system.

Hi! I have it! so i post my review of ATH-WS70
regular_smile .gif

First the pressure of each side of head is so tight for me!! so i can`t wear it for long time......
frown.gif

~treble~
I previously thought that its treble is little and veiled before i listened it.
But I was surprised to hear its sound.Treble is not entirely veiled and powerful!

~mid~
Mid is also not entirely veiled,but its mid does not have outstanding point.
It is basic and nothing special.

~bass~
oh~~it`s amazing!! Amount and quality of bass is so good!! Its bass is very dynamic and it also has deep bass. It does not only have enough amount of bass. Its attacking is very punchy and so tight!

~summary~
I like this very much.I also have sony`s XB700.But I prefer WS70 to XB700.
I feel XB700 only have amount of bass,and it does not have high quality bass.

By the way sound stage of WS70 is narrow....
frown.gif
But I don`t demand it many things.It has many other strong point !

Thank you!
jecklinsmile.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #97 of 159
Thanks ety0820, they sound a bit like the ES7 from a comfort point of view so I will have to pass as my ears get very sore due to my glasses. I also like a big sound stage but the rest of the signature sounds OK to me.

Hopefully Josh222 will also give a review and impressions when he gets his pair, the more the merrier as they say
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #99 of 159
Please keep the opinions on the ES10 coming. These are very tempting.

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #100 of 159
I'm really surprised to see so few people have left impressions of ES10 so far.. I guess the fact that is considered as a portable headphone combined with it's price doesn't make it as attractive as some other headphones. But the ES10 does have full-size headphone drivers in it. And this is also the sound image it gives.. Doesn't sound like a portable headphone at all, especially if you get it together with a nice detailed source and a good sounding tube amp. I'm personally using EMU-0404 connected to iBasso D10 DAC and Little-Dot MKIII as amp. All I can say is just wow. Soundstage is very impressive, almost as wide as CD3000 if memory serves me right.. But not in a artificial way like the CD3000. Bass is really full and rich sounding. Treble is very detailed but never harsh. Having said this I really feel that with a proper amp and source the ES10 is better than most full-sized headphones I've heard.

This is how I rate the ES10.

Using it with a portable source (iPod): Sounds good for a portable headphone, but not very impressive compared to other full-size headphones in it's price range.

Using a portable amp (I used iBasso D10): Starting to sound really good, sounds more like a full-sized head phone in the "upper/mid-class" than a portable headphone. Very "fun" sounding.

Using a full-size tube amp (I used Little Dot MKIII with Mullard EF92 tubes): The soundstage becomes really wide and very impressive, among the best I've heard. Bass is more controlled. Highs are very detailed but never harsh. Mids are liquid and very musical to my ears.

In conclusion I think the ES10 is a very good sounding "full-sized" headphones that needs a good amp and source to sound it's best but the fact that you can use it as a portable makes it even more attractive than other headphones in it's price range. I'm very happy with it.

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #101 of 159
Do we have more impressions of the WS70?

So far thanks to ety0820 it sounds like it may be a more portable version of the DT770 with smaller soundstage. Strong highs and bass, "just there" mids. Closed back and small soundstage... how does it sound compared to say the M50?

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #102 of 159
can i ask all the es10 users/owners if the cups are fingerprint magnets like those on the es7? am considering getting these babies from bluetin next week hehe and just needed to know whether i had to get like screen protectors for the cups or not.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #103 of 159
I'll let you know, because I should be receiving mine any day now.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #104 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrrom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can i ask all the es10 users/owners if the cups are fingerprint magnets like those on the es7? am considering getting these babies from bluetin next week hehe and just needed to know whether i had to get like screen protectors for the cups or not.

yes it still attract fingerprint but it would say it is not as apparent as on the es7 because of the hairline/brushed titanium surface...

nway audio technica does give u a piece of cloth inside the box for u to wipe it away
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back