New AT Portables: ATH-ES10 and ATH-WS70
Jun 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #136 of 159

Quote:
Do not be deceived by the looks...the ES10's are simply brilliant. I have not used anything else since 50 hours of break-in. They are a full sized headphone in a portable design. Viscerally impactful bass added to the ESW9's creamy mids and highs. They also do not have the design flaw that caused me to send my ESW9's back 3 times to repair. HIGHLY recommended.

+1
good to see more owners of this underrated headphone
you have to be careful though not to scratch the shiny titanium part or it will look bad

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #138 of 159
So I read the ES10 is supposed to be better built than the ESW9, but how much better? I think the main issue with a $400 portable being used portably has to be its ability to withstand torture. Can it withstand?

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #139 of 159
I had my ESW9s for 7 months and never, ever had any problems with build quality. Those who had, must have been really rough or gotten a bad pair.

Quote:
So I read the ES10 is supposed to be better built than the ESW9, but how much better? I think the main issue with a $400 portable being used portably has to be its ability to withstand torture. Can it withstand?

Sep 1, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #140 of 159
Man, I'm wanting both of these. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #142 of 159
Damn it all. I asked if the ES10 can withstand torture, and what do I get? Pandering to the home base; politicking.

I want answers.

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #146 of 159

Quote:
yes it can

you got it wrong
es10 goes deeper and is boomier

Oh wow, interesting... I would have thought it was the 70's which had a more unrefined bass since they're billed as 'solid bass'. 

Edit- I guess I should qualify how I think of 'boomy'... to me it indicates a looser, more unrefined low end. 

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #150 of 159
Ya I hate to slam Audio Technica but seriously, they did such an awful job and I really do not understand why they allowed it to be produced and sold for 150$?ish at some places.  I mean, my JVC HA-S700 has better everything and its like $25 right now sometimes with free shipping.  I re-bought that set maybe 3 or 4 times over the years because i wore them out or my cat chewed them up.  

the ws70
-They are really well built actually and I wish a lot of other sets had the build quality, its solid metal and very strong.  REALLY SEXY
-Perfect Cord length for portable sets
-Poor quality earpads not worth $5, in fact ive used $5 replacements that were more comfortable and durable.  Nice and stiff for ya, feels very cheap
-The bass is horrendous.  Its crazy bloated and poor quality, and the JVC ha-s700 again has equally as much bass and is of a higher quality
-Its stage is so ugly, I wanted to throw up after more testing.  Its very tall and very skinny, like a pole or something, just awful.  No immersion at all and not even close to being as clear as a $25 set from jvc.
-Rivals the Hd280 pro in clamp factor pain

If Audio Technica made a new can with the ws70 housing that sounded as nice as the es7 or better! Id buy in an instant because i loved its housing so much.  In fact, thats a great idea Audio Technica.  Since the ES7 is so damn old already, put those drivers inside the Ws70 housing and give us some awesome velor earpads, get rid of the tension in the headband that makes it actually hurt to wear.  That = win

and i will be asking for compensation for the idea  hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back