New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Dec 17, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #77 of 2,818
Very interesting indeed!
I used to own a GS-1 and loved it. Truly regret selling it.
The only weakness was that it didn't really have the output to drive my Hifiman HE-6 very well.
I just wonder how the power output of this GS-X Mini amp will compare with the regular GS-X?
How will they compare sonically as well?
I am also curious on whether or not this GS-X Mini amp will be able to drive the Hifiman HE-6 well, or not, through its balanced headphone output?

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #79 of 2,818
GSX MK2 is a true wire N gain amp that puts a microscope on your dac and source. Its truly remarkable that it steps out of the way and you are left with the bloom if you need it. The Mk2 is fast and im officially married to it, yup id take it to vegas for a honeymoon but seriously, I found several things helped, a quality server, quality interconnects. But if your looking for an amp thats going to mess around with the sound, not GSX mk2. buy the way MK2 under med gain will run anything, susvara he6 .....

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #80 of 2,818
Very interesting indeed!
I used to own a GS-1 and loved it. Truly regret selling it.
The only weakness was that it didn't really have the output to drive my Hifiman HE-6 very well.
I just wonder how the power output of this GS-X Mini amp will compare with the regular GS-X?
How will they compare sonically as well?
I am also curious on whether or not this GS-X Mini amp will be able to drive the Hifiman HE-6 well, or not, through its balanced headphone output?

Oh for sure. I forget the power ratings exactly, but it easily has headroom with the HE-6.

Dec 27, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #81 of 2,818
I have Gilmore Lite Mk2 and paired with Chord Mojo for MrSpeaker AEON C headphones and preamp for Yamaha amplifier to power monitoraudio desktop speakers.

And I love this Mk2 alot and FYI I had ifi ican pro se and that amplifier downgrade the sound of Mojo which I believes has the best DAC technology in the industry by BIG margin.

Because of Mojo and how clean it is I appreciated Mk2 fidelity and smoothnes and how it transport Mojo signals to my ears.

Mk2 has solid and stable sound stage with very speedy timbers and very good depth ( not as deep as Mojo alone but very close )

There was one issue with MK2 sound which affect the sound of it with small amount of background noise which affect the transparency by little bit and I know the source of it.

It was a noise from its power supply and I SOLVED it in very simple way which has BIG sound improvement to transparency.

I brought 4 of these > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015RDVGDE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Total 40 and used it on the power cord of MK2. that clean the power signifecntly

Dec 27, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #82 of 2,818
Oh god no, not the ferret people. Not gsx thread I thought this was only in chord threads.

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #84 of 2,818
Oh god no, not the ferret people. Not gsx thread I thought this was only in chord threads.
Hahahha, We r every where :p
Buy FYI, I tried very expensive RCA cables and digital and never heard a difference and I kept the cheapest audiquest the green one. So I don't go with trend for the sake of it. :wink:

Jan 12, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #85 of 2,818
What is the power output spec of the GS-X Mini ?
I am really interested in this amp because it accept unbalanced input , i have the Gilmore Lite Mk2 for home testing and sound signature is so good and natural , but it lack the power for my HE1000SE ,
bass texture and separation are missing compared to more powerful amps , sound stage depth is limited although with a good power cable its fixed,
the Gilmore sound is so clean and the tone is the best i have heard out of an amp. i wish it had more power.

Jan 12, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #86 of 2,818
Anyone have the dimensions of the upcoming amp?

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #87 of 2,818
What is the power output spec of the GS-X Mini ?
I am really interested in this amp because it accept unbalanced input , i have the Gilmore Lite Mk2 for home testing and sound signature is so good and natural , but it lack the power for my HE1000SE ,
bass texture and separation are missing compared to more powerful amps , sound stage depth is limited although with a good power cable its fixed,
the Gilmore sound is so clean and the tone is the best i have heard out of an amp. i wish it had more power.

I believe its 4w into 32ohms. I could be wrong though. Certainly enough power for the HE1000se.

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #88 of 2,818
I wonder if it will be able to drive the Hifiman HE-6/HE-6se properly?

Jan 12, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #89 of 2,818

Users who are viewing this thread

Back