New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Oct 5, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #61 of 2,814
I am a little of jealous to those who will get to try the Mini.

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #62 of 2,814
I am interested in hearing peoples impressions of this beauty.

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #64 of 2,814
Always wanted to try a GSX amp with 650 because i like solid state amps more with it but dont feel comfortable importing expensive items. If i did live in US though id be ordering a GSX mini right now.
I still would go for it. I have SuSy Dynalo and it is seriously impressive. GSX Mini should be similar if not better.

Oct 29, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #68 of 2,814
From a pure reliability perspective, is the DACT attenuator better than the Alps potentiometer? Does noise and channel balance degrade faster on the potentiometer than on a stepped attenuator?

The stepped attenuator guarantees perfect channel matching unlike the Alps pot. Overall the reliability of the attenuator is going to depend on the resistors used on it, and DACT does not cheap out there. So the DACT is better except for the fact that it's only 24 steps. I do wonder why they don't use the much less costly Acoustic Dimension 41 step attenuators which also use very high quality resistors.

Oct 30, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #72 of 2,814
Is this sound better than Audio-GD Master 9? they also have high-quality relay volume controllers and class a. If anyone have listened this mini or gs-x mk2 against the master 9?

People have said the Master-9 and Audio-GD products measure poorly, but I haven't actually seen Master-9 measurements (while we know GS-X Mini measurements are top tier).

Master-9 is known to have a more smoothed over sound than the GS-X Mk2. I've read that in a few posts, but have no Audio-GD experience myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back