1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by Rhamnetin, Jul 8, 2018.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. purk Contributor
    I am a little of jealous to those who will get to try the Mini.

Deftone likes this.
  2. whirlwind
    I am interested in hearing peoples impressions of this beauty.

3. Deftone
    Always wanted to try a GSX amp with 650 because i like solid state amps more with it but dont feel comfortable importing expensive items. If i did live in US though id be ordering a GSX mini right now.

4. purk Contributor
    I still would go for it. I have SuSy Dynalo and it is seriously impressive. GSX Mini should be similar if not better.

commtrd and alphanumerix1 like this.
  5. Deftone
    I considered it but +30% tax + over seas shipping + royal mail handling fee. Think i might snag the gillmore lite mk2, that pill is alot easier to swallow.

halcyon likes this.
  6. Whitigir
    Wow, this look to be very impressive

7. Zinfin
    From a pure reliability perspective, is the DACT attenuator better than the Alps potentiometer? Does noise and channel balance degrade faster on the potentiometer than on a stepped attenuator?

8. Rhamnetin
    The stepped attenuator guarantees perfect channel matching unlike the Alps pot. Overall the reliability of the attenuator is going to depend on the resistors used on it, and DACT does not cheap out there. So the DACT is better except for the fact that it's only 24 steps. I do wonder why they don't use the much less costly Acoustic Dimension 41 step attenuators which also use very high quality resistors.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  9. Whitigir
    Rk50 :wink:m that is the real thing

10. Rhamnetin
    RK50 has no business being in a sub $2k amp though (it'd make up about half the price), but yeah I wish!

11. Suppa92
    Is this sound better than Audio-GD Master 9? they also have high-quality relay volume controllers and class a. If anyone have listened this mini or gs-x mk2 against the master 9?

12. Rhamnetin
    People have said the Master-9 and Audio-GD products measure poorly, but I haven't actually seen Master-9 measurements (while we know GS-X Mini measurements are top tier).

Master-9 is known to have a more smoothed over sound than the GS-X Mk2. I've read that in a few posts, but have no Audio-GD experience myself.

13. MomijiTMO Contributor
    I'm grateful that this has been created. My GS-1 has been my go to amp for years. Looking forwards to reading some impressions and reviews.

14. cprime
    Out of my price range (but you never know) but looks so good, especially w/that gorgeous blue face plate.

15. Mrstump5
    I'll probably be getting a black one. Its so pretty

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last