New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Sep 14, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #31 of 2,819
What's going to be the difference from the gsx

This one converts SE signal to balanced while the GS-X Mk2 doesn't. The GS-X Mk2 has a dual mono power supply design while this doesn't seem to. I'll let more knowledgeable people comment further.

Sep 14, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #33 of 2,819
Well the audio circuit is essentially the same I believe. Going from single to dual mono fully regulated linear PSU can yield refinement much blacker background so you can experience more depth. Better PSU will also yield greater sense of dynamic too.

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #34 of 2,819
Hype train time! New info and photo from Justin: it is now officially called the GS-X Mini, a prototype will be at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest next month, and the price will be about half that of the GS-X Mk2! Two volume control options will once again be provided: Alps Blue or DACT stepped attenuator.

dI7a2De.jpg

A new bargain in headphone amps for sure. I'm confident that the only better solid state headphone amp is the GS-X Mk2.

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #35 of 2,819
Nice

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #36 of 2,819
Hype train time! New info and photo from Justin: it is now officially called the GS-X Mini, a prototype will be at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest next month, and the price will be about half that of the GS-X Mk2! Two volume control options will once again be provided: Alps Blue or DACT stepped attenuator.

dI7a2De.jpg

A new bargain in headphone amps for sure. I'm confident that the only better solid state headphone amp is the GS-X Mk2.
Its beautiful! I cant wait to hear reviews on it. Ill be buying one of it's not too bright sounding

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #38 of 2,819
So a target of ~1500?

+/- a few hundred Justin said (the DACT stepped attenuator option ought to add a few hundred). And based on my experience with another balanced Dynalo with a single well designed PSU (Pure BiPolar), any other solid state amp at any price point will be hard pressed to compete with this one.

Sep 29, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #39 of 2,819
I am quite sure that it will sound quite wonderful and gotta be a bargain at the asking price.

Sep 30, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #42 of 2,819
I'm guessing it'll be at the NY Audio Show in November, if so I'll get to use one then. Unfortunately I no longer have the ZMF Ori which would be great for testing; power hungry and closed back (since it will be a noisy environment), but on the other hand I have owned an extremely similar amp so I know what to expect. Maybe I'll get to do side by side testing with the GS-X Mk2 using an Audeze LCD-XC, we'll see.

Sep 30, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #43 of 2,819
Oh yeah, that looks wonderful....this is very interesting.....I may have to hop on board for one of these at some point.

The GS-X MK2 is the only solid state amp I have ever been interested in.
I also own the Ori.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #45 of 2,819
@Rhamnetin Does Zach usually go to the NY show? Maybe he’ll have an Ori on hand.

If not, I’m betting there is someone here who could be talked into bringing one

Unfortunately not, though he does attend shows in the Chicago area.

I think HeadAmp has had the LCD-XC at their booth every year for the last 2 or more years now, that would suffice. Also the Fostex TH-900Mk2 but that's so easy to drive. I can bring a ZMF Classic at least.

If it quiets down in that room then perhaps we can compare something like the Susvara on both amps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back