1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by Rhamnetin, Jul 8, 2018.
First

Back
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Next

Last
  1. vonnie123
    hccshin likes this.
  2. hccshin
    1~1.5m, around $300. Used one is OK.

3. twoloszyn
    I agree with purchasing pre-owned cables for the best price. I personally use Curious USB cables, Pangea/Audioquest/Signal Cable power cables, and balanced/headphone cables from moon-audio. All of the rest of my cables are from Blue Jeans cable.

vonnie123 likes this.
  4. twoloszyn
    I recently purchased the Audioquest Monsoon around that price. Sounds pretty good!

hccshin likes this.
  5. vonnie123
    Being in Korea, you may have some other sources available. Here’s a power cable I would recommend which is discounted nicely. I just purchased one for my Oppo UDP-203 universal player. This is the 1.5 meter variant. The 1 meter is out of stock. This is a new version of a discontinued model, brand new in package with certificate. Well within your budget and more than sufficient for your GSX mini. (I am using a heavier old Cardas Golden PC on mine).

https://www.partsconnexion.com/CARDASPC-82562.html

hccshin likes this.
  6. Roasty
    I get most of my cables from futureshop UK. They have most of the better known brands and shipping is very reasonable.

I am using mostly the Merlin Black Widow cables on my audio equipment, and some Audioquest cables as well.

Their customer service is really quite top notch.

7. SalR406
    Heh. When it comes to cables, this is me exactly. I make no apologies.

8. vonnie123
    I just upgraded several of my power cables. Switched out some Wattgates and Marincos with Furutechs. Cardas connectors are excellent too.

9. vonnie123
    Key to me is the cables being firmly attached into the equipment. Some IECs never feel snugged down, especially with larger gauge power cables.

10. SalR406
    This is a good point. I've experienced that, too.

11. vonnie123
    Furutech’s hold well. Cardas IECs are even better IMO. Sometimes you have to place a small block under the IEC plug as it enters the component to alleviate the weight of the cable so the IEC goes in (and holds) straight. I think this also has to do with the quality of the IEC port on the component.

12. Whazzzup
    True, ac12 is such a monster cable, feels like it could power up a nuclear reactor, I needed to put a block underneath the chord near the attachment to my server cause it was pulling out and down. There a point where it could be unruly

vonnie123 likes this.
  13. vonnie123
    I have two AC5s. Same story, although not as beefy.

14. commtrd
    OK guys... Got the fedex notice the mini arrives at home TODAY. Woot. Trevor has the new balanced S3 for the LCDi4s on the way and the new balanced S3 for LCD4z is already home too. Reckon there might be some listenin' going on this weekend? =)

MacedonianHero and MattTCG like this.
  15. MattTCG
    Congrats! Will be following to hear your impressions of the min paired with the i4 closely.

First

Back
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Next

Last