New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Sep 7, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #768 of 2,819
The other problem I'm having is I can see all the stuff I should be paying attention to from my desk but the cable is just too short.

Lol, I suppose that's also an issue. :p

Well, finally getting around to my HD800S and "Rubberband" from the master himself (Miles Davis) and yet again this amplifier amazes my on its speed, transparency and clarity...and added some meat to the bones so to speak of these headphones to add some needed richness to these headphones. Just loving it!

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #770 of 2,819
And anyone pairing the GS-X mini with the RME ADI-2 DAC?

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #772 of 2,819
I’m curious how some of the owners of the 12 that were recently delivered are feeling about the GS-X Mini. Impressions, which headphones they’ve tested, etc.

Real happy with mine thus far. I not going to write a review here, but its the most detailed of the six headphone amps I own.

Senn HD800/HD800s, HiFiMan HE6se

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #773 of 2,819
I believe that the mini has ruined me for other amps. I picked up a used lyr 3 for a good price just to have some tube variety. I just have a tough time listening to it because I know how much better the mini sounds. I don't think that there is any real reason to keep. Oh well, lesson learned.

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #775 of 2,819
I believe that the mini has ruined me for other amps. I picked up a used lyr 3 for a good price just to have some tube variety. I just have a tough time listening to it because I know how much better the mini sounds. I don't think that there is any real reason to keep. Oh well, lesson learned.

It take serious cash to outperform the GSX-Mini.

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #776 of 2,819
I’m hoping I can sell off the AAA 789 once I get the mini. I know it’s a cost-to-performance benchmark of power and neutrality and I’m curious how the GS-X compares from a neutrality perspective.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #777 of 2,819
I’m hoping I can sell off the AAA 789 once I get the mini. I know it’s a cost-to-performance benchmark of power and neutrality and I’m curious how the GS-X compares from a neutrality perspective.
Hang onto your AAA 789 as a spare, or for another room. Personally, I switch up amps, as well as which headphones I use. I have one station with two HAs, the other station has three HAs. I have a Beyerdynamic HA collecting dust too. Rolling my Schiit Mjolnir2 w/HD800 tonite.

Sep 12, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #779 of 2,819
Audio quest has dome value added power cables. I use the highest nrg for my gsx mk2 also perfect wave ac12 for my server but I have no idea on its sonic benefits, but they look nice, make me feel good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back