New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Apr 3, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #61 of 517
Here we go again. Bash thread take 999, the q701 had the same reception btw.

Too bad, if it was sponsored by my friend armin, I would buy a pair :D

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #62 of 517
Hum.... AKG for electronic music? Seriously? 
blink.gif

At least they look like closed cans. Are they planning on a metallic blue and red T550? Cause if they do... where can I pre-order one? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #64 of 517
Well it it was indeed tuned by Tiesto we at least know they will sound nothing like Beats since Tiesto forgot what sub-bass is long ago.

Apr 4, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #66 of 517
Link me some tracks with good sub-bass. The one posted on the 3rd page is still not in sub-bass range. I haven't heard any tracks from him lately that have any either. It's all this higher thumpy bass.

This is what I think of when I think good electronic music with sub bass:

-

-
After 2:00

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #70 of 517
By Dr. Dre, By Tiesto.. ugh no thanks, and an EQ switch?

I think the next headphones I'll buy are going to be Beyerdynamics..

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #71 of 517

Quote:

Can you please put what you need to say in one or two posts? It's completely unncessary.

Also, Deadmau5 is the most boring artist I've ever listened to. His music doesn't go anywhere, it's like he's just repeating the same 8 bars over and over again with slight variations in each. Not to mention he's a total ****** in real life.

But then again, I'd expect this from a 'Feed Me' fan.

My thoughts exactly. I don't know why people find Deadmau5 music special for starters though.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #72 of 517
What's wrong with hardware EQ guys? EQ is AWESOME.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #75 of 517

Quote:
What's wrong with hardware EQ guys? EQ is AWESOME.

Well it certainly doesn't hurt having the option, it increases your chances of liking the product, don't be the typical apple customer that wants one setting at max that should also try adapt to your preferences in the best way possible haha. Instead I see it as a positive thing if comes with optional Frequency response curves. But yea that's my thinking, the more options the merrier for me. But yea the "standard" setting should work like a normal headphone without any "hardware EQing" or whatever is used, then if the others use hardware EQing to get a slightly different response curve (or whatever processing is done to the signal), that's just a bonus and should be treated as such, it doesn't force you to use it, it may have its uses, it may not, so what? It increases the chances of you liking the sound if the "standard" setting isn't your cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back