New 3-way hybrid BA+DD IEM - LZ A2 (including DD A1)
Nov 6, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #121 of 1,030
  just a quick question,

Hows the clarity and resolution on this IEM? based on my assumption from one of the impressions, it is greater than IE800 which is for me it is so good.

High resolution is very slightly worse than 800. Low seems slightly better than 800. Vocal is forward ans emotional than 800. Clarity is better on 800, but A2 is also great. Signature is different. A2 emphasize middle and low. 800 is V-shape. A2 is brighter than 800.

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #122 of 1,030

High resolution is very slightly worse than 800. Low seems slightly better than 800. Vocal is forward ans emotional than 800. Clarity is better on 800, but A2 is also great. Signature is different. A2 emphasize middle and low. 800 is V-shape. A2 is brighter than 800.

Which tips are you using with your LZ A2s ? I see there is quite a selection with the LZ A2s...

Nov 7, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #124 of 1,030

I had the same question in mind. Would be glad if someone could give their inputs / suggestions regarding the tips for A2s.

Which tips are you using with your LZ A2s ? I see there is quite a selection with the LZ A2s...

There are several different stock tips. I use a large bore tips. Silicon tips are better since A2 emphasize middle and low.

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #125 of 1,030
Hello, 
I have been looking for a great compliment IEM to my Vsonic GR07BE IEMs. I love the Vsonics but my main gripes with them are that its mid-range sounds slightly recessed and that it has highs that get almost unbearably sibilant for me on high volumes. I want something with good detail on par with the Gr07BEs but with less sibilant highs, a slightly more impactful bass response, and more forward and clearer mids. Would these do the trick for me? Thank you! 

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #126 of 1,030
  Hello, 
I have been looking for a great compliment IEM to my Vsonic GR07BE IEMs. I love the Vsonics but my main gripes with them are that its mid-range sounds slightly recessed and that it has highs that get almost unbearably sibilant for me on high volumes. I want something with good detail on par with the Gr07BEs but with less sibilant highs, a slightly more impactful bass response, and more forward and clearer mids. Would these do the trick for me? Thank you! 

I don't have GR07. But I believe A2 is what you are looking for. :)

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #127 of 1,030
  Hello, 

@peter123  You have both right? Would you be able to compare them pls?

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #128 of 1,030
Hello, 
The A2 would be perfect for what you are looking for imho

Nov 8, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #131 of 1,030
Thank you! I'll be copping these up pretty soon!

make sure to leave your impressions here, looking forward to reading what you think of them 
beerchug.gif

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #132 of 1,030
After researching 64 Audio U3s and Aurisonics new Harmony for days trying to pick one I pulled the trigger on these after about an hour of reading T_T.

These are replacing UM Pro 30s(broken so I can't directly compare), will come back to this thread to post my opinion when I get them.

Edit: Owners, is a Fiio E7 good enough to bring out the best in these? Or should I be considering a new DAC/AMP unit.

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #133 of 1,030
After researching 64 Audio U3s and Aurisonics new Harmony for days trying to pick one I pulled the trigger on these after about an hour of reading T_T.

These are replacing UM Pro 30s(broken so I can't directly compare), will come back to this thread to post my opinion when I get them.

Edit: Owners, is a Fiio E7 good enough to bring out the best in these? Or should I be considering a new DAC/AMP unit.

I have these on order too. I sold my pro50s once I got used to my Trinity deltas:)

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #134 of 1,030
I have these on order too. I sold my pro50s once I got used to my Trinity deltas:)

That is really nice to hear. I was considering buying Pro 50s before I ordered these. Really hard to find direct comparisons between flagship IEMs and the chinese brands. And people are saying these sound better than the Deltas, damn I'm excited.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #135 of 1,030
  That is really nice to hear. I was considering buying Pro 50s before I ordered these. Really hard to find direct comparisons between flagship IEMs and the chinese brands. And people are saying these sound better than the Deltas, damn I'm excited.

Well, to me they sound better than the deltas, but it depends on sound preferences. When I auditioned the W60 I thought it was too load back and lush for my tastes then. UMPro50 had more energy but but still too warm for my tastes.

This was a while back and my tastes have changed a bit. But I still prefer the likes of my Havi and LZ A2 over my Sony XBA Z5 and pricier iems I have auditioned. You would be surprised how small the gap is between the top chinese iems and TOTL iems like IE800 etc. Its not as big as you might think :wink:

Given that the LZ A2 costs <100, I would have a very hard time justifying an iem >500-600 USD, unless its astoundingly good and many times better. The Havi B3 Pro 1, LZ A2 and VE Duke has really kept my upgraditis at bay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back