New 3-way hybrid BA+DD IEM - LZ A2 (including DD A1)
Nov 4, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #91 of 1,030
I'm still loving them, nothing much has changed since my initial impressions.
The thick sound works great for commutes but the bass definately tightens up with my X5 compared to the J3.
No issues with the ergonomics, they mesmerize like my stax and I keep catching myself staring at the wall when using them.

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #92 of 1,030
Nov 4, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #93 of 1,030
I'm still loving them, nothing much has changed since my initial impressions.
The thick sound works great for commutes but the bass definately tightens up with my X5 compared to the J3.
No issues with the ergonomics, they mesmerize like my stax and I keep catching myself staring at the wall when using them.

I like the "staring at the wall" effect. Also known as the "chicken eye effect" lol.

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #95 of 1,030
Thank you PURO IEMs for having no international shipping options, you diverted my limited IEM cash to these puppies.

Thank you. Thank you...

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #96 of 1,030
  Thank you PURO IEMs for having no international shipping options, you diverted my limited IEM cash to these puppies.

Thank you. Thank you...

haha, Cool
biggrin.gif
Have you gotten it?

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #97 of 1,030
No but my expectation bias is going through the roof...they are going to be 'The One"
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #99 of 1,030
Nov 5, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #100 of 1,030

Thank you. Thank you...

I just got the LZ A2s.  The hype for the A2 is real, meaning it's not really hype, meaning @RedJohn456 @yangian et al have done a very accurate job describing what make these so special. These things are addictive. Even when a highly anticipated game I was watching (big GS Warriors fan here!) went to an exciting finish, I kept reaching for them to try another favorite song out. I never really understood what bass quality meant before in an IEM and now I do.

However -- don't knock the PUROs! They are completely different from the A2s and can do some things that even the mighty A2 cannot (like the quiet then loud guitar CRUNCH at about 1:29 on this Wilco song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLe5BtbrHeo ).  Not that it does not sound good on the A2, just different. 

But -- get the A2s. They really are pretty special and will easily become my daily driver.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #101 of 1,030

I just got the LZ A2s.  The hype for the A2 is real, meaning it's not really hype, meaning @RedJohn456 @yangian et al have done a very accurate job describing what make these so special. These things are addictive. Even when a highly anticipated game I was watching (big GS Warriors fan here!) went to an exciting finish, I kept reaching for them to try another favorite song out. I never really understood what bass quality meant before in an IEM and now I do.

However -- don't knock the PUROs! They are completely different from the A2s and can do some things that even the mighty A2 cannot (like the quiet then loud guitar CRUNCH at about 1:29 on this Wilco song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLe5BtbrHeo ).  Not that it does not sound good on the A2, just different. 

But -- get the A2s. They really are pretty special and will easily become my daily driver.

:beerchug: Yeah, don't knock Puro. I like it very much too!

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #102 of 1,030
Not knocking PURO IEM, knocking their shipping policy to Planet America ONLY..
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #103 of 1,030
Not knocking PURO, knocking their shipping to Planet America ONLY.. :ksc75smile:

+1, seller asked me to buy it from Amazon where they were $119 at the time so I passed on them. I'm planning to go to California in March so I might pick up a pair then if they're still interesting at that time.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #105 of 1,030
Any other A2 owners get a handwritten "tested by.." note in their zip case? I thought that was a nice touch... 
normal_smile%20.gif

Yep, gotta love that personal touch :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back