Negative Aspects of Top CIEMs
Sep 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #92 of 106
Quote:
I just had impressions taken. I'm feeling anxious because my ear canals are very narrow and may be a problem for fit. I am ordering 1964 V6-Stage. Should I be concerned?

Hmm. I don't know. All I can say is good luck. But if your ears are narrow to the point it's going to cause fit problem, 1964 should contact you before making your ciem.

Sep 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #97 of 106
My lord. That makes me not want to reshell my uerm.

The Unique Melody thread is currently just a mass of people that are upset about how  long their wait currently is - roughly the same as mine.

Quote:

I got my UM Miracles reshelled by inearz in 3 days. Well, it was in their hands for 3 days. With shipping to and from across the country it was 7 days total.

Are you serious?! How long ago was this?

Sep 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #98 of 106

Are you serious?! How long ago was this?

All my days listed are business days so I didn't count weekends. This was just last week. They received it on the 23rd of August and it was reshelled on the 27th. Then they called for payment on 28th and it shipped out same day. I received it on the 30th of August. Also, I didn't pay for rush order ($15). It was just a standard speed order.

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #99 of 106
All my days listed are business days so I didn't count weekends. This was just last week. They received it on the 23rd of August and it was reshelled on the 27th. Then they called for payment on 28th and it shipped out same day. I received it on the 30th of August. Also, I didn't pay for rush order ($15). It was just a standard speed order.
Damn that is quick.

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #100 of 106
-JH16 was my perfect CIEM or headphone I ever tried.  However, for a nice late night listening session they were a bit too relentless.  The detail and every frequency on steroids was awesome for general listening, but when you wanted to kind of unwind, really not the greatest imho, SS very wide, but depth isn't the greatest
-Merlin was enjoyable, but didn't have the top end sparkle I was looking for, poor isolation due to venting, I like to be isolated more from the environment I found..
-Miracle awesome mids and realism, but less bass quantity than my TF10
-TS842, great hybrid CIEM, but at the time I wanted more, slight edge to upper mids and treble, clear upgrade to TF10

Oddly enough of those customs, I've kept my UE Triple Fi 10 custom, it sounds great, I can take it outside of the house without worrying too much, and even work out with it.

I think everyone has covered the negatives pretty well here are mine:
-Initial Cost-including impressions
-Build Time
-you take a huge hit if you resell
-if you want to try another custom you go through the entire process again PITA
-I actually had impressions made about 3 years ago and due to them shrinking a bit or my ear canal changing, if I wanted new customs I'd have to get the impressions again
-Taking a $500-$1000 custom outside of the house made me paranoid that something would happen to it, so they mostly stayed in the house.

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #101 of 106
-JH16 was my perfect CIEM or headphone I ever tried.  However, for a nice late night listening session they were a bit too relentless.  The detail and every frequency on steroids was awesome for general listening, but when you wanted to kind of unwind, really not the greatest imho, SS very wide, but depth isn't the greatest
-Merlin was enjoyable, but didn't have the top end sparkle I was looking for, poor isolation due to venting, I like to be isolated more from the environment I found..
-Miracle awesome mids and realism, but less bass quantity than my TF10
-TS842, great hybrid CIEM, but at the time I wanted more, slight edge to upper mids and treble, clear upgrade to TF10

Oddly enough of those customs, I've kept my UE Triple Fi 10 custom, it sounds great, I can take it outside of the house without worrying too much, and even work out with it.

I think everyone has covered the negatives pretty well here are mine:
-Initial Cost-including impressions
-Build Time
-you take a huge hit if you resell
-if you want to try another custom you go through the entire process again PITA
-I actually had impressions made about 3 years ago and due to them shrinking a bit or my ear canal changing, if I wanted new customs I'd have to get the impressions again
-Taking a $500-$1000 custom outside of the house made me paranoid that something would happen to it, so they mostly stayed in the house.
Good sum up.

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #102 of 106
If I may weigh in

I have built and designed both, CIEMs and IEMs

But as to what I use/wear, I use IEMs
etysmile.gif

It is a "life style" choice more so than anything. I don't have time to "fiddle" with insertion, and removal...   I want something I cant just stick in my ears and forget about them.

My ear canals also have very tight bends, so getting them in is more trouble than I want to deal with.  I also want to be able to remove them in a flash...   I have a new born...  and I have to hear the wife and take quick action when required. (all u fathers out there can relate)

"Wizard"

AKA Dr. John

(audiologist)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back