Negative Aspects of Top CIEMs
Aug 30, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #78 of 106
Quote:
i see... well i never really thought of earwax as a protector, always thought it was something gross that our body excretes 

Most of what our bodies create is done for a reason.  In most cases the ear is self-cleaning; the only time I've cleaned my ears is before getting my impressions made by an audiologist (who then warned me to not to do it often).

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #79 of 106
The last time when I go to doctor to clean my earwax was last year before I made my impression for my first CIEM (Westone ES5). This year, I would like to make FitEar MH335DW and I went to doctor and ask for cleaning the earwax again. The doctor checked both of my ears are clean without earwax, he also did some simple hearing tests with me, and told me there is no need to clean them again. So I guess from doctor's perspective, there is no need to clean the earwax unless they are really affecting your hearing.

P.S. I just use wet towel to clean my ears (just wash the part at the entrance of the ear holes)

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #81 of 106
Fairly good idea. My humble opinion is that people should just give opinions on customs they own or owned, not demoed or heard of.

On this topic, and this is my opinion strictly, if I have to to find aspects that SOME people may feel are disadvantages:

The Miracles are a bit thin sounding in the mids. I often like this because it makes them airier but people who like more engaging mids will not. Compared to the SE5 I also sometimes feel they lack note weight.

The SE5 are rather intimate soundind with soundstage on the narrow side, but quite deep. They take a bit longer thamln acrylic ciems to put in and pull out. On the upside they are more comfortable.

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #82 of 106
I basically hate the fit of CIEMs. 
Also, my UM Miracle was quite a bit less bright than I was expecting from the reviews. Not sure whether there was a revision or not since older ones seem to be brighter. 

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #86 of 106
Maybe silicone would be more comfortable, but I font think that I'll be trying a CIEM anytime soon. Isn't fitear acrylic?
Yes Fitear is Acrylic but they have a completely different technique and their ciems are not as deep and rely more on the outer part...much more comfortable users say. Anyways I founs the Miracles comfortable but the se5 are much more so.

Aug 31, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #87 of 106
Yes Fitear is Acrylic but they have a completely different technique and their ciems are not as deep and rely more on the outer part...much more comfortable users say. Anyways I founs the Miracles comfortable but the se5 are much more so.
Right. But wouldn't that affect isolation?

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #90 of 106
I just had impressions taken. I'm feeling anxious because my ear canals are very narrow and may be a problem for fit. I am ordering 1964 V6-Stage. Should I be concerned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back