Need new IEM!!!! :(
Jan 12, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #31 of 36

Quote:
I've had the 530 for  couple of years, but not tried the 535,  and I stand by my comments on the SM3 vs them.  Seems to be a very mixed view on here in terms of how people hear the SM3 (some say too veiled etc). Personally, I think they outshine the 530 pretty much all over the place apart from perhaps with some vocals where I thought the 530 were excellent.

From what I can gather, the 535 are a noticeable improvement on the 530, but sadly I'm not in a position to comment.

Quote:
Quote:
SM3.  Not tried the 535s but the SM3 are much more neutral than the 530s were.

Had them just over a week and I pretty much prefer them in all departments to the Shure.

I'm quite sure the sm3 are extremely mid-low focused and definitely not more neutral than the 535s.

Of course you're in a position to comment.
Don't doubt yourself.
If you want to stand by your opinions, let no man claim otherwise.

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #32 of 36
Fair point.  I guess the whole point of this type of forum is personal opinion.  

The more I listen to the SM3, the more I prefer them.  I've switched to using the Shure buds rather than the Comply ones which I think makes a big improvement as I always had a great fit with the Shure tips and I never quite felt that the Comply ones were giving me the sound that the phones were producing.

However, now that I realise how much difference the tips make, I can't help but think maybe I should have gone for the JHA5s.  Clearly it's more of a hassle to get them made given that I live in the UK, but maybe it'll be worth it?  Low end custom vs high end universal?  I'll never know until I try, but it's going to be at least a $500 experiment.  Worth a try?  Or wait until I can stretch to better customs?

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #33 of 36
I love in ear monitors and was concerned about cost. Let me encourage you to contact
mylivewires.com in Minneapolis. They are excellent in customer service and really helped
me and our band. They do American Idol host and many others. Very good pricing. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back