Need new headphone suggestion
Feb 17, 2011 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aberberich

New Head-Fier
Hi friends,
Recently I've been doing a lot of research looking for my first pair of nice cans, I've only own iPod headphones up until now. Up until now I've been completely sold on ATH-M50s, but now I'm starting to second guess that purchase. I'm going to be purchasing a uDac-2 to convert and drive these cans and I've realized I that the uDac-2 can actually power something bigger than the ATH-M50. I've always heard really good things about AKG's what model of AKG would you reccomend? I'm looking to spend up to $300 on just the cans so I feel like there maybe something in AKG's collection that would be better suited for my listening tastes. I enjoy all types of music, the only kind I don't listen to is country and classical. But everything else (mostly indie) is in my collection. I have already purchased a uDac-2 so its important that the cans I buy can be driven by that (without seperate amp!) Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #6 of 6
Some additional suggestions for ya:

AKG K240 Studio/MKII, K271 MKII

Beyerdynamic DT 990 32 Ohm

Denon AH-D1100, D2000

Grado SR125i, SR225i, SR325i

JVC HARX900

Sennheiser HD595, HD598

Shure SRH840

All of these are excellent options as they excell with most music genres and are within your price range.  Happy hunting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back