Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy...
Sep 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hellboyx5

New Head-Fier
I'm still newbie in this audiophile things, so forgive me if I'm a noob

There are 5 choices of iem that I'm considering to buy, they are:
- UE TF10 recabled (which cable is still undecided)
- SE530 recabled (which cable is still undecided)
- SE535 stock cable
- IE80 stock cable
- Westone ES3x

My SQ priority is bass > mid > high meaning I love deep and controlled bass, I like forward and lush mid and I hate harsh terble (neutral treble hurts my ears, so i need its frequency toned down a bit)
Especially the treble.. I hate the harshness of it because I have very sensitive ears.

I like listening to classic, pop and j-pop. I dislike rock and electronic music.
Which one of 5 iems above is perfect choice and best bang of bucks for me?

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #3 of 9
+1 for ie80. my music taste is similar to yours so i think you will like the ie80 like me.

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #5 of 9
What about Westone W4, they are rated great in Amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Westone+W4

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #6 of 9
The Denon AH-C300 (highly recommended) are amazing bassheavy IEMs with crisp clear forward mids and highs are not extended as on some other bass heavy IEMs like JVC FX700. The IE80, UE TF10Pro are also very good sounding IEMs with punchy bass, clear mids and clear highs.

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
230$ for brand new IE80? really? That's a bit suspicious

First he bought them on the internet but the papers was not correct so he contacted sennheiser who said he could buy them from them directly for the same price so he returned the ones without proper documentation. Current price with usd to sek conversion would be about 290 dollar I would belive from a retail store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back