Need help deciding my FIRST IEM to buy.
Dec 21, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #16 of 22
Panasonic HJE900, RE0's, ER-4P, TripleFi 10, and DBA-02? Or how about lower end Weston's or Shure's? ughhh too many.
Edited: Think I'm removing the Munitio's from my options after reading a first impression of them.

Dec 21, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #17 of 22
 Well, I know some are fear ebay for high end IEMs.... But a couple of year ago I picked up my Shure SE530s on ebay for about $280. Just made sure it was a reputable sell with good feed back. I've been very happy with them... they sound great!  You may find some SE530 for a price that's close to you budget.

A few days ago I picked up some Klipsch S4s ($80 @ Best Buy) amd some Denon AH-C560Rs ($50 on sale @ Best Buy usually $99.99). The S4s sound good but not in the same league as the SE530s. The Denon's were a pleasent surprise to me. They sounded better to the S4's to my ears. Again the Denon's don't have the detail or sparkel of SE530, but still good. The Denon even seem to have a bit more bass present in some music than the SE530's.

The SE530 are great, and I try and find them for the right price if I were you. If that's not possible consider trying the Denon AH-C6560R. My expierence is limited to the SE530, AH-C560R and the S4's. So I can only speak to those.

Good luck!

Dec 21, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #18 of 22
Well I was planning on getting the Shure SE535 later on.  Wanted to try out an IEM at a lower cost so I could build experience to develop my own personal taste.  I'm afraid if I got the SE530s they would break, and if it's in my price range it probably won't have a warranty. 

Quote:
 Well, I know some are fear ebay for high end IEMs.... But a couple of year ago I picked up my Shure SE530s on ebay for about $280. Just made sure it was a reputable sell with good feed back. I've been very happy with them... they sound great!  You may find some SE530 for a price that's close to you budget.

A few days ago I picked up some Klipsch S4s ($80 @ Best Buy) amd some Denon AH-C560Rs ($50 on sale @ Best Buy usually $99.99). The S4s sound good but not in the same league as the SE530s. The Denon's were a pleasent surprise to me. They sounded better to the S4's to my ears. Again the Denon's don't have the detail or sparkel of SE530, but still good. The Denon even seem to have a bit more bass present in some music than the SE530's.

The SE530 are great, and I try and find them for the right price if I were you. If that's not possible consider trying the Denon AH-C6560R. My expierence is limited to the SE530, AH-C560R and the S4's. So I can only speak to those.

Good luck!

Dec 21, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #19 of 22
The TF10s are a huge fit problem for lots of people, so you probably shouldn't make it your first buy. Saying this as someone who loves them.

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #22 of 22
Look, if you like the idea of them, go ahead and get them. Still you should probably go and read the umpteen threads on TF10s.

They're big. Most people get the best fit by changing the cables, and putting the right earpiece into the left ear and vice versa. I only made the warning because a ton of people bought them during the Black Friday sale (99 bucks) and oh, the complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back