Need help deciding my FIRST IEM to buy.
Dec 19, 2010 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

NisusNine

New Head-Fier

[size=medium]
So I'm new when it comes to buying headphones and was wondering if someone could recommend some IEM's for under $200. Under $300 if there is a huge significant in sound quality.  
I've heard my friend's SE530s for a bit and was impressed, just too expensive.  No experience on what I might like better in comparison to other IEMs.  I've had QC15 which I thought sounded good, but after visiting this site and realizing there is better sound quality for cheaper I returned them.  Sony MDR EX85LP lack everything which I've been surviving with. 
Mostly listen to R&B,  Rock, Hip-hop.  Also listen to rap, classical, trance. 
I've read about so many IEMs, I just don't know what to try out first to establish my personal taste in a IEM. 
HJE900, RE0's, hf3s, Munitio 9mm, TripleFi 10, DBA-02, ER-4P? Lower end Weston's or Shure's? Any other suggestions?

So manyyy! help!

[/size]

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 22
Radius DDM
HJE900

DDM will offer you mind blowing bass and strings sound fenomena. In fact for the preferences in music you listen and price range, DDM will be hard to beat.
Only problem is the fit, if you got small ears, this beast may be hard to get used to..

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 22
I read a review on the DDM's and I'm not quite sure about the mids for it.  Bass isn't extremely important, I brought it up since my worthless "extra-bass" Sony MDR EX85LP's failed to bring any bass, in my opinion.  I'm starting to lean towards the HF3's but I'm not sure yet.  Still researching...

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 22

Quote:
Bass isn't extremely important, I brought it up since my worthless "extra-bass" Sony MDR EX85LP's failed to bring any bass, in my opinion.

that's because it's garbage bass, when you hear IEM's with GOOD bass you may think differently!
smily_headphones1.gif

I would take a look at the Munitio 9mm's in that price range, if you like a smooth warm sound.  They do have a lot of bass but it is quality bass, not boomy/bloated and annoying.   They sound amazing with hip-hop, rock, etc. and the highs are not overwhelmed by the bass (again because it's good quality).

https://munitio.com/products-page/

there is a holiday coupon code (vibrato) that knocks 25% off.  Definitely consider them if you like a warm, rich bassy sound.

I know what you mean about the worthless "fake bass" features.  Like those silly boombox mini-systems with a "bass boost" button that make boomy, farty noises that some people think is extra bass.  But the Munitios are more like having a quality subwoofer in a system -- the bass is smooth and deep with good extension.  It adds that depth and "presence" to the sound.

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 22
Thanks, I'm thinking of getting the Munitio's now, especially after finding out there is a 40% coupon code (savage). So Munitio's are bass heavy but not overwhelming? How is the clarity? Clarity is very important to me since I listen to a lot of R&B.  I'm sure these IEM's are better than the Sony's I've had, just wondering how that stack up against other IEM's that are under $200.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #8 of 22
On Amazon right now it's 149.99 + 4.99 for shipping. $185 is Amazon's Featured Merchants lol.  Hey do you recommend any IEM? I do remember listening to my friend's se530s but those are too expensive.  There was enough bass in those for my taste/music.  Anything similar to them for a cheaper price?

Quote:
Quote:
How about the Triple.fi 10 Pro? You can get them on Amazon for a little more than $150.

A little more than $150? Is there a code or something I could use to bring them down from the $185? Haha. 

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #9 of 22
Yeah I seen that but wasnt sure if it can be truely trusted as authentics. I dont wanna get stuck with any fakes and a bunch of them have just started selling on there haha. I am actually in the market to buy my first pair of IEM's so I cant help you out with experience bud.

Quote:
On Amazon right now it's 149.99 + 4.99 for shipping. $185 is Amazon's Featured Merchants lol.  Hey do you recommend any IEM? I do remember listening to my friend's se530s but those are too expensive.  There was enough bass in those for my taste/music.  Anything similar to them for a cheaper price?

Quote:
Quote:
How about the Triple.fi 10 Pro? You can get them on Amazon for a little more than $150.

A little more than $150? Is there a code or something I could use to bring them down from the $185? Haha. 

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #10 of 22
Oh, same boat as me, kinda.  So tough to make a decision without really having any experience with IEM's to establish what I like and don't like about a IEM

Quote:
Yeah I seen that but wasnt sure if it can be truely trusted as authentics. I dont wanna get stuck with any fakes and a bunch of them have just started selling on there haha. I am actually in the market to buy my first pair of IEM's so I cant help you out with experience bud.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #14 of 22
lol yeah..anyways it seems to have stopped..I wouldnt click on them in case there are viruses ..I accidently clicked one so Im currently scanning my laptop..Uncle Erik or someone else will take care of it probably

Users who are viewing this thread

Back