Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans.
Jul 27, 2012 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

festycheese

New Head-Fier
Hi, new user here :D,

Would love a bit of advice on deciding which cans to buy. Currently own ATH AD700's(first proper headphones ive ever owned) running through an Asus Xonar DG, use it for gaming (FPS and MMO) movies (Bluray or HD rips) and music (Dubstep, trance but also death metal, rap and hip hop). Love the clarity and sound stage of these headphones but feel they are lacking in the bass department even after fiddling with EQ.

Need another pair to complement using the AD700s with ALOT more bass (punchy but also deep rumbly) so i can become thoroughly engulfed when listening to music.
Price range <$200
Tossing up between
-M-50
-Hfi 580
-FA-011

Guessing its impossible to find a pair as comfy as my ad700s but nothing that's like wearing duct tape in vice would be preferable, all other suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 11
Those are pretty good options for what you need though I haven't really heard anything about FA-011 but they are probably pretty good. Also checkout the M-Audio Q40 and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro.

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 11
check out the Ultrasone pro 900 or if that is to much money then try out the Ultrasone hfi 580. Bass liek the m audios mentioned above, but more clear and the rest of the soundd spectrum is clear and awesome.

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 11
HiFI 780's or DT 990/250 pro's for $199 on Amazon. They are by far my most comfy set. You will need an amp to push them to their limits though. PA2-V2 or e11 would work real nice...

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
Would love a bit of advice on deciding which cans to buy. Currently own ATH AD700's(first proper headphones ive ever owned) running through an Asus Xonar DG, use it for gaming (FPS and MMO) movies (Bluray or HD rips) and music (Dubstep, trance but also death metal, rap and hip hop). Love the clarity and sound stage of these headphones but feel they are lacking in the bass department even after fiddling with EQ.

Need another pair to complement using the AD700s with ALOT more bass (punchy but also deep rumbly) so i can become thoroughly engulfed when listening to music.
Price range <$200
Tossing up between
-M-50
-Hfi 580
-FA-011

Guessing its impossible to find a pair as comfy as my ad700s but nothing that's like wearing duct tape in vice would be preferable, all other suggestions welcome.

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm
250-Ohm headphones will work on the Xonar DG, but just decently.
Fischer Audio FA-011 are 160-Ohm

Jul 29, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #7 of 11
Thanks heaps for your input guys, decided on going for the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm version (arrives in 2 days :D)  and running through my DG.
With my current setup i sometimes find it difficult to get my ad700s to go loud enough for music was wondering if the higher impedance 770s will have even greater trouble getting pushed loud enough and whether i should get a fiio e7 or something similar to run through my soundcard?

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
Thanks heaps for your input guys, decided on going for the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm version (arrives in 2 days :D)  and running through my DG.
With my current setup i sometimes find it difficult to get my ad700s to go loud enough for music was wondering if the higher impedance 770s will have even greater trouble getting pushed loud enough and whether i should get a fiio e7 or something similar to run through my soundcard?

The Xonar DG can half-way decently drive 250-ohm headphones, so 80-Ohm is fine.
Put the Xonar DG's gain on max (>64-Ohm).

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #10 of 11
Impressions 
bigsmile_face.gif
?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back