Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus!
Jul 30, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #181 of 253
u flushed it against your inner ear?  not sticking out like a "sore" thumb? :p

Jul 30, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #183 of 253
  I'm not sure what you mean, but I tried every position possible:upside down, upside up, fully inserted, loosely inserted(worse), small tips, medium, large tips, foam tips etc
they still hurt
bring on the dremel...

Hmmm.  Not sure what's happening.  Mine stick out of my ears a good bit (1/4" or so).  No pain at all.

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #184 of 253
  I have tried to use mine but the knurling are really hurting my ears. After 5 minutes I just can't stand them in my ears. I can't care about sound when I am not comfortable wearing it. I guess they are not made for me :frowning2: ... or I will have to find a way to remove those damn knurling.
I'll just stick to the Sony MH1C.

The knurling is halfway up the IEM! How deep are you inserting these puppies? lol. jk. Maybe get a strip of smooth electrical tape and use that to cover up the knurling?

Ex.

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #185 of 253
Etymotic insertion...
biggrin.gif

The knurling is halfway up the IEM! How deep are you inserting these puppies? lol. jk. Maybe get a strip of smooth electrical tape and use that to cover up the knurling?

Ex.

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #186 of 253
I suggest to Narmoo to avoid knurling for their next IEM. Not only for comfort, but also some of my friends said it looks ugly with the knurling. I know it's just individual preferences, but IMHO smooth bullet shape design is proven to be one of the best IEM design. It doesn't restrict insertion for different depth of ear canal, also 2 ways wearing style, both straight down and over the ears.

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #187 of 253
I suggest to Narmoo to avoid knurling for their next IEM. Not only for comfort, but also some of my friends said it looks ugly with the knurling. I know it's just individual preferences, but IMHO smooth bullet shape design is proven to be one of the best IEM design. It doesn't restrict insertion for different depth of ear canal, also 2 ways wearing style, both straight down and over the ears.

I would second these comments. I don't think they are a particularly attractive iem...primarily because of the knurling, but I understand why it would be there from a practical perspective. One of my fav looking iems is the EB110. Doesn't get much more basic than that.

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #188 of 253
Can anyone compare the S1 to the TTPOD T1E?  I believe they are both dual dynamics.  Would the T1E be an upgrade?

Thanks.

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #189 of 253
I've got the t1e on the way but it will probably be a couple of more weeks since I went with cheap snail mail :wink:

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #190 of 253
I've got the t1e on the way but it will probably be a couple of more weeks since I went with cheap snail mail
wink.gif

Ok, let us know what you think when they finally do arrive.  I'm thinking about putting my VSD3S's in the classifieds because I just can't handle the cable-over-ear form factor.

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #191 of 253
  Can anyone compare the S1 to the TTPOD T1E?  I believe they are both dual dynamics.  Would the T1E be an upgrade?

Thanks.

I tried the MOE SS01, not sure they sound similar to TTPOD T1E, but Narmoo S1, in my opinion, has better tonal balance, more linear, and better dynamic than SS01.

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #192 of 253
I've been using the Narmoo S1s out of my computer (HRT Microstreamer) for the last few days.  As far as the form factor goes I don't find the knurling to be an issue and I have a small ear, but maybe it's more about ear shape than size.  For sound they're good performers for the money but not spectacular.  The build quality initially appears very good but the driver flex is the worst I've ever encountered so I question longevity.  As dual drivers go they beat out the Brainwavz R1 for sound but lose in every other area (the R1s are excellent for comfort and isolation).

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #193 of 253
So how do these fair against the brainwavez r3

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #195 of 253
How do these compare against the Vsonic Gr02 Bass Editions? I'm looking to pick up a new set and can't decide between the two. The Gr02 BE's are pretty enchanting with its "fun" sound signature and I do know that the S1 is pretty different in terms of that, but I'm not sure which I prefer. Generally, I listen to alternative (Coldplay, M83, OneRepublic, etc) , soundtrack (Hans Zimmer, Joe Hisashi, etc) , and post-rock (Moving Mountains, Sigur Ros, etc) and I often use my headphones to watch movies. I'm pretty ready to jump on the Narmoo S1's other than the fact that it's recommended that I replace the tips (which I have no spares) and that there are less than 5 reviews of them on head-fi.  I enjoy being enveloped by my music, having sub-bass I can feel and highs that aren't too harsh, so people who have/had both, how do they compare?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back