Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus!
Dec 9, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #227 of 253
My S1 arrived today and I think it has the edge over my T1E. Punchier bass and a smoother treble is what I noticed. The case is cool though large for an iem.

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #229 of 253
is a new model in the works? 

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #231 of 253
I just received the S1 and have been using the T1-e for about 2 months now. I've been letting the S1 break in the past few days. I'd say for $15 less the S1 is a sure winner, if you like the differences in sound. I'm no audiophile but I have had my fair share of earbuds. Klipsch s4, Hifiman RE-zero, Yuin PK3, Philips SHE3950, Piston 2, Soundsoul s018. 

I'd say the T1-e is more balanced compared to the S1. . The bass, especailly the subbass is very impressive on the S1. I'd say it's closer to the sound of the Piston if you have ever tried that. T1-e sounds more detailed to me. Clarity and spaciousness is great. I'd say if you are a bass head than go with the S1, if you like plenty of bass but value detail more go with the T1-e. The T1-e also looks cool as hell especially in the translucent colors. 

The only problem I found with the S1 is that on bass heavy tracks, the bass is really intense. Again any headphone is going to change depending on the fit. Depending how much I push the S1 into my ears changes the bass drastically. I found the T1-e more consistent when inserting them making them more convenient to use. They are also easier to figure out which ear belongs to the left or right. 

Again for $15 less and if you are in the mood for awesome low end bass, then the S1 also excels. Isolation is great on both. Way better than the Piston 2.  I will have to keep both. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #232 of 253
  Some of the best $40 I've spent in a while. Quite nice and very impressed.
These really stand out for a budget earphone. When you get a good fit, which is fairly easy in my case, one hears subbass up to good tremble without any loss of mids. Details are good, width and depth is good. 
Looking forward to tip rolling as this can only improve the sound.
Thanks to Dsnuts for starting this thread

I found the mids recessed in the S1 compared to the T1-e or is that extra bass in the S1 messing with me?

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #233 of 253

I must have gotten lucky, because my S1 has no driver flex. I will agree that the included tips are a bad match, but they work great on the JVC HA-FXT90 to tame their nasty treble spikes. My pair of R1M on the other hand have developed some minor flex on the right driver, although its nowhere near as bad as on my Sony XB50. Packaging the R1M tips with the S1 would be a good solution until they package something of higher quality, imo.

I have driver flex on my S1. T1-e, no driver flex. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #235 of 253
spiral tips on the S1 helps open up the sound

Dec 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #236 of 253
I was so impressed by the R1Ms I recieved on Monday, I went ahead and ordered the S1 and it arrived today. The fit on the R1Ms were loose so I switched to my old sony tips for a slightly better fit. To my surprise, the S1 sits snuggly in my ears better than any iem I've had. Out of curiousity, I put the bigger tips of the S1 onto the R1M. Yes, perfect fit, less boomy bass, more spacious sound, and the R1M still retains its forward signature. Oh yea, the S1 kicks butt in sound too, just in a more laid back presentation.

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #238 of 253
http://www.head-fi.org/t/754432/narmoos-newest-b2m-w1m

check out the latest narmoosss :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back