Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus!
May 10, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #46 of 253
Been trying to find a place to put in the discount code on Narmoo's website, not working out for me. Plus, that shipping almost makes up for the discount, when I add inthe Double Flange tips from Ebay. =P I could probably get the Fidue but kind of wary of it. Argh, decisions, decisions. Why is Head-Fi so hard..

May 10, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #47 of 253
Been trying to find a place to put in the discount code on Narmoo's website, not working out for me. Plus, that shipping almost makes up for the discount, when I add inthe Double Flange tips from Ebay. =P I could probably get the Fidue but kind of wary of it. Argh, decisions, decisions. Why is Head-Fi so hard..

The promo code can be entered on the final confirmation/total screen.

You might want to email them about the shipping if its a concern.

Eric was awesome and emailed me after my purchase to note that it was tabulated incorrectly, and immediately issued a refund. Quality service.

May 11, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #48 of 253
Some thoughts on the S1.

Build quality feels solid, very light, good strain reliefs and the cable is of nice quality.  The outer coating reminds me of the cable used by FitEar, which is sweet.  There is driver flex but not nearly as bad as the R1M.  Overall, solid build. 

Lets start with the bass.  This sucker has really nice bass.  It's big when called for, drops down deep, nice mid-bass punch and I don't hear too much bloat.  Songs with good layering, the bass has a nice thump in the background and can be felt with good authority. 

Vocals are quite forward without it being too much.  No peaks in the vocals or too much heft, nicely balanced and present. 

Treble is somewhat laid back but gives some good sparkle up top.  I would prefer a little more extension and clarity but can't complain. 

The two drivers do a good job of separating and layering the sound.  Stage sounds somewhat wide and deep. 

To conclude, the overall sound is rather balanced nicely.  The earphone will reveal when a tune kicks out some bass though.  Sort of a laid back sound and really easy and enjoyable to listen to.  I wasn't expecting much from this earphone but it surprised me with the capable sound and I would highly recommend it.

May 12, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #49 of 253
thanks Danny, sounds good.  

now for part two to your impressions...
some comparatives..how would u rate this iem vs your other sub100bucks horde ? :p

May 12, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #50 of 253
thanks Danny, sounds good.  

now for part two to your impressions...
some comparatives..how would u rate this iem vs your other sub100bucks horde ? :p

+1

May 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #51 of 253
May 12, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #52 of 253
May 12, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #54 of 253
This earphones looks so good, and the price is very tempting. Do you think that these sound better than my Brainwavz M3'
I need to repair my M3 because the cable is broken near the earphones and the plug and I had to fix it with some tape..lack of strain reliefs I guess.
So, I guess that´s better to buy a new pair, more if they have a more refined sound over the Brainwavz, thanks~

May 14, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #57 of 253
Both tips and the IEM's are shipping. Not entirely sure how to test them or give any impressions. May just link some YouTube music videos or something and refer to a time stamp or something when distinguishing sounds. Plus, I don't have an amp/dac or anything, will be straight out of my PC.

May 15, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #58 of 253
Got mine this week,

First impression is: super lightweight, which is extremely important to me since I run everyday.

The overall build quality is supreme, the cord seems high-end to me, don't see products at this range have this kind of cord. this is a real masterpiece.

Started to burn-in, will provide more input on the sound later on.

May 15, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #59 of 253
SO, just got mine in the mail today. Will talk about them as pure stock. My Meelecs tips are still in California.

I'm powering them through my PC, nothing else, no dac/amp or anything.

Accessory: May just be me, but love the included case, helps out a lot, plus that felt like feeling. The seperating sides help to organize the include tips, besides the IEM's, Tips and a quick start guide explaining limited lifetime warranty 
Build: The build is pretty solid. Although the wire is prone to memory.
Comfort: They are really light, so pretty comfortable but with the included tips, hard to get a good fit. So kind of arkward, can't get it to fit in the right ear.. So hard to get a seal.
Sound: Will link videos and tell my first impressions, literally.

You can actually hear a good amount of the instruments. I've got the volume in my Windows desktop set to 25. Maybe a good example is at the 2:50 mark or so, you can hear, I could be wrong trumpet or trombones come into light. 

It just plain sounds good. =P

At the beginning you can actually hear the wind blowing through. 1:59 Has good bass presentation, I mean detailing or whatever. Not good at this.

Overall I'm happy, despite the cable and ear tip / fit problem.

Edit: Can't even get any of the default tips on.
Edit #2: Using them with out any tips at all. The bore is pretty big. 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back