Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus!
May 20, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #77 of 253
  You do not have to 'burn-in', just enjoy the music!  
L3000.gif

really? no need to burn-in?

May 22, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #79 of 253
I happen to have on my possession the standard Ostrys and I think in all indications the newer  A version is supposed to be an improvement.. Those I have yet to hear. 

Now in comparison to the standard Ostrys . I can understand why guys like this sound but unfortunately these are not without fault. There is what seems to be a treble imbalance of the KC06 that makes them kinda off in tonality.

Will have to listen to them more to assess them more but. I actually like the Narmoo S1 better. Which was a surprise given the considerable hype the Ostrys have at the moment. The S1s being half price of the Ostrys . I think the better value in sound goes to the S1s.  I will have more to write about this comparison when I have a bit more time.

I am typing this wile I am supposed to be studying for a big exam. Lol.

May 22, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #80 of 253
  I happen to have on my possession the standard Ostrys and I think in all indications the newer  A version is supposed to be an improvement.. Those I have yet to hear. 

Now in comparison to the standard Ostrys . I can understand why guys like this sound but unfortunately these are not without fault. There is what seems to be a treble imbalance of the KC06 that makes them kinda off in tonality.

Will have to listen to them more to assess them more but. I actually like the Narmoo S1 better. Which was a surprise given the considerable hype the Ostrys have at the moment. The S1s being half price of the Ostrys . I think the better value in sound goes to the S1s.  I will have more to write about this comparison when I have a bit more time.

I am typing this wile I am supposed to be studying for a big exam. Lol.

Thanks for your time :wink:
Now stay away from Head-fi till your exam is done :D

May 22, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #81 of 253
My last iem might be either a HAVI or this Narmoos...
DsNut;s exam should be over by next year, lets wait.

May 22, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #82 of 253
after some more burn in, these NARMOO S1s, connected to my DX50 and amped with E12  REALLY ROCK!
they have great dynamic range and reproduce the cheeky binaural recordings with audiophile glee!  
I'm seriously wondering if its worth it to spend more than the 44.00 i paid for these on any upgrade, they are
really that good.  they aren't quite as smooth as the IM50s but have more impact and musical dynamism.
The tones are right on, and the soundstage has depth and breadth.  amazing achievement for the cost
and highly recommended!!! way better than the R1s!  took up all my attention while i had them in my ears,
couldn't get anything else done, musically immersive!
next : try them on the Geek Out...

May 23, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #83 of 253
Yup these have proven themselves to be a solid contender.. Guys are overlooking a nice discovery but I think people will eventually come around to discovering these.  These out of the Geek out is shockingly great.

May 23, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #86 of 253
  If not I can message eric at narmoo and I am sure he can make it happen.. I like to think I got some influence.. lol.

That's awesome!  Thanks bro!

I live in Singapore, and use forwarding service to deliver stuff from US to Singapore. At the moment waiting for my Geek Out to be delivered to my shipping address in US. It is cheaper to consolidate many items to be shipped to Singapore at one shipping, rather than many shipping.  So once I got delivery confirmation from Light Harmonic, I will buy Narmoo S1, so I can consolidate the shipping to Singapore to save cost :wink:

May 23, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #87 of 253
Your gonna love your Geek out. Been enjoying it a lot lately with my DX90. The Geek Out make all of my phones sound amazing but some have a bit of extra synergy. Including these S1s.

May 24, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #88 of 253
Update!

These are one heck of a nice headphone. Now that I've had ample time to use them, listening to a variety of music (most recently a 6 hour continuous jazz mix, and the mixes on SubSil3nt EDM's YouTube channel), in addition to using them for PS VITA gaming, they are pretty darn good.

They do a much better job of reproducing 'Sh' sounds in vocals than the T90s (ie. they actually do). I went back to my FXT90s for a day, and on certain songs could not hardly stand to listen to them. Anytime someone started a word with 'Sh', it sounded almost like static. I have two pairs of T90s (I loved them so much I bought a second pair when they were on clearance, just in case...) and they both do it unless you EQ out quite a bit of treble. Maybe it's my sources (tried on my Nexus S, Moto G, and through the VITA), but I'm not so sure.

These S1s seem to do a great job with every genre. EDM, hard/classic rock/metal (Skindred, Soilwork, and Rage Against the Machine primarily), jazz, classical....they handle it all extremely well. I still prefer my uber-cheap J+- Wooden earbuds for acoustic guitar solos (my gawd they handle them well), but the S1 are certainly no slouch there either.

About the only thing I can knock them for is a slight bit of memory on the cable, which doesn't bother me personally. I know it will bother other's though.

These were a fantastic buy. Good call Ds.

May 24, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #89 of 253
Glad your digging some S1 action.. It has been a week or so since I had my S1s so it was good to hear these again. The great aspect of these earphones is that some friends decided to tag along when I got my S1 back. Tenors, Ostrys, SHE9710 and FX650 and the S1 hung right there with all of these.

You guys probably know the hype behind the Tenors and Ostrys so I am happy to report all these other nicer budget fi earphones don't do anything to make the S1 sound like a lesser phone including the FX650..The FX650 ultimately does have more smoothness and fullness in sound and tone but the S1 does it again and is clearly just as enjoyable. All these phones sound above their price points so this was a good group of phones to compare the S1s with.

It is awesome to see budget do good sound in these phones..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back