MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Dec 24, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #166 of 1,383
  Can you give us an idea of the selling price so I can start selling off some of my other phones? I used to have K1000 years ago and ran it with a subwoofer to fill in the bottom end. Hopefully this new phone won't need a subwoofer!

The sales price will be released in spring 2017 - earlier would be not serious, as we have to do our homework first.

Sometimes I use subwoover with the K1000 too. However, this trick will be not necessary anymore with Mysphere 3.1

KR heinz

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #167 of 1,383
  Finally some news!

So, the dome shape is on the ear side, presumably almost touching the skin?

We have like a 25-30mm diameter driver playing right into the ear canal and this dome shape is a protector grill / acoustic screen?

Going by the German website, total surface area of the driver is about the same size as the HD800's. The dome is just the center part and dedicated to frequencies >15kHz.

Dec 25, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #168 of 1,383
Going by the German website, total surface area of the driver is about the same size as the HD800's. The dome is just the center part and dedicated to frequencies >15kHz.

Right!
Important to understand is:
The very large membrane surface is moving the air by an exceptional high excursion of 4 mm. This is really to "pump air" at low frequencies to overcome the effects of extreme open design.
BR heinz

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #169 of 1,383
Right!
Important to understand is:
The very large membrane surface is moving the air by an exceptional high excursion of 4 mm. This is really to "pump air" at low frequencies to overcome the effects of extreme open design.
BR heinz

Sounds like i am a prospect, so i just wounder when you have schedule the launch date for buing these headohones?

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #172 of 1,383
do you prefer the sound of your prototypes from tube or solid state amplifiers? 

No experience till now :frowning2:
This Tests are planned for Spring time as well.
But generic the design is developed to work with low impedant AMP's.
The specific coil mechanic allow higher impedances later as well.
Let's see...
Br heinz

Jan 1, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #174 of 1,383
THIS is why I like Head-Fi. Stuff like this.

Jan 1, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #176 of 1,383
You can't even compare this "hype" train to the one of other headphone.
Other manufacturers use this hype for marketing so much.
What you can read in this thread isn't big marketing imo.
More like updates from the developer personally.

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #178 of 1,383
That's the thing. If you have people with a passion for going one direction with a sound signature then you realize that it's not hype but science. Science and developments which have been followed and refined over time for a specific character of response. Not everyone gets the signature in the end. Some even get the AKG audiophile signature but can oscillate between loving it and liking it. I find it essential at times with certain albums and a sound that's unique in it's resolve.

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #179 of 1,383
am just hoping to finally get excited about headphones again that add value to the market and if their asking for a premium they should also match that in build quality along with the sound because in my eyes everyone except Sennheiser and focal have headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back