My IEM Round-Up (64 Earphones Compared with a LOT MORE Coming)
May 19, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #93 of 202
Quote:
Well, the clarity is only subpar, but I found them better on the pros, at the least. 

Hahaha oh, got to remember we are talking about beats here. I may borrow them all of my friends again and add them to this thread as although i have auditioned them or owned them, also apples to my Shure SE420, i will not add them on memory.
Quote:
Nice! Though the XBA-2s were the weakest of all 4 XBAs if you ask me... 

Really, i do not think they are that bad so far. I am really interested in the XBA-3 after just the brief audition with them. They are by far not the best earphone i have but they have been so far pleasing. What order would you rank them in then?
Quote:
The XBA-2 looks nice and quite classy.
Did you get it new or from the FS section here? How much did it cost you?

They do, the earphones i am getting are getting to damn sexy these days ahaha. I bought them brand new actually! Its one of the rare occasions that i do.

May 19, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #94 of 202
Quote:
Wow those sony's look great!
How much did they cost you?

I think they retail for £115. I am not sure if they are worth that yet but have been fairly pleased so far. 
I have only listened to the, for roughly 30 minutes so far.

May 19, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #95 of 202
Quote:
Hahaha oh, got to remember we are talking about beats here. I may borrow them all of my friends again and add them to this thread as although i have auditioned them or owned them, also apples to my Shure SE420, i will not add them on memory.
Really, i do not think they are that bad so far. I am really interested in the XBA-3 after just the brief audition with them. They are by far not the best earphone i have but they have been so far pleasing. What order would you rank them in then?

Well, the XBA-2s sounded dark and cold to me, which I did not really like. I found them to be in this order XBA-3 > XBA-1 > XBA-4 > XBA-2. The XBA-2s are not bad at all, just with the XBA-4, they aren't really my sound preference. 

May 19, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #96 of 202
Quote:
Well, the XBA-2s sounded dark and cold to me, which I did not really like. I found them to be in this order XBA-3 > XBA-1 > XBA-4 > XBA-2. The XBA-2s are not bad at all, just with the XBA-4, they aren't really my sound preference. 

I would not go as far as saying that they are dark but their is an lack of treble and rolls of quite early and it is behind the mids and bass. We know why that is though though don't we. They started with the XBA-1 as full range and then they added a woofer for the XBA-2 and then a tweeter for the XBA-3 and then finally a super woofer for the XBA-4. I think they should have gone for the tweeter for the XBA-2 as they are leaving the highs way behind while bring the bass forward.

Yeh i think i can say that they are actually not bad but the preference is not quite for me either but is not that far off. As of the XBA-3 with the tweeter that could be very nice. Especially if it is a similar sound with a more forward treble which i guess they are. Would make a slight U shape i guess. I think the XBA-4 is going to far by adding the super woofer.

I am very game for trying the rest of the range now.

May 19, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #97 of 202
Quote:
I would not go as far as saying that they are dark but their is an lack of treble and rolls of quite early and it is behind the mids and bass. We know why that is though though don't we. They started with the XBA-1 as full range and then they added a woofer for the XBA-2 and then a tweeter for the XBA-3 and then finally a super woofer for the XBA-4. I think they should have gone for the tweeter for the XBA-2 as they are leaving the highs way behind while bring the bass forward.

Yeh i think i can say that they are actually not bad but the preference is not quite for me either but is not that far off. As of the XBA-3 with the tweeter that could be very nice. Especially if it is a similar sound with a more forward treble which i guess they are. Would make a slight U shape i guess. I think the XBA-4 is going to far by adding the super woofer.

I am very game for trying the rest of the range now.

Well.. that's more or less true... 

May 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #98 of 202

Thinksound ms01 Impressions (Day 2)

Pros
  1. Bass is great in quality as well as quantity with a great slam.
  2. Bass does not bleed mids.
  3. Sub-bass really rubbles you.
  4. Mids are very natural and clear.
  5. Vocals sound great.
  6. They look great.
  7. Wooden and metal housing seems very solid.
  8. Chunky jack housing.
  9. Ear hooks.
  10. The whole package was very economic

Cons
  1. They have a mid-bass hump which does sit in front of everything else.
  2. Treble is extremely harsh.
  3. Treble rolls of quite quickly.
  4. Treble is very recessed and veiled.
  5. Soundstage is average so far.
  6. Really for bass heads only.
  7. Pouch will not protect.
  8. Ear hooks fall of quite easily.
  9. Cable very thin.

So far these have been a very impressive mainstream bassy IEM for their RRP of $130 and street price of $100. They are great just for the fact the big bass does not ruin the mids.
Also remember they have had about 20 hours of burn in so there is still some time to go.

May 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #100 of 202

Redgiant AO3 Unboxing 

​

Sony XBA-2 Unboxing Video

​

Table Update (Sony XBA-2 and Espirit Libre True Bass Added)

May 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #101 of 202

Update

I have finished the Thinksound ms01 review which can be found here!  <------

I also have updated the table in the OP with some score changes and the inclusion of the ms01

May 31, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #102 of 202

Sony MDR-EX1000 Impressions

I got my pair of Sony MDR-EX1000s through today and this is about 2 and a bit hours of impressions all without burn in.

Pros
  1. They look great.
  2. Cable Cinch
  3. Ergonomic
  4. Comfy and lightweight
  5. Bass is great in quality, really punchy an every fast
  6. Quantity is just about right to not be underwhelming
  7. Is good extension and sub-bass present
  8. Mids are neutral and very transparent and refined
  9. Very extended, sparkly and detailed highs
  10. Tip choice
  11. Very nice real leather case
  12. Two cases

Cons
  1. RRP
  2. Highs have a very harsh decay at the moment (know burn in)
  3. Cable tangles easily
  4. No portable and protective case
  5. Could be seen that they lack accessories
  6. Bad isolation and sound leaking

Yeh as you can guess, i am in love with them, they are beyond good!

Sony MDR-EX1000 Unboxing

May 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #103 of 202
Quote:

Sony MDR-EX1000 Impressions

I got my pair of Sony MDR-EX1000s through today and this is about 2 and a bit hours of impressions all without burn in.

Pros
  1. They look great.
  2. Cable Cinch
  3. Ergonomic
  4. Comfy and lightweight
  5. Bass is great in quality, really punchy an every fast
  6. Quantity is just about right to not be underwhelming
  7. Is good extension and sub-bass present
  8. Mids are neutral and very transparent and refined
  9. Very extended, sparkly and detailed highs
  10. Tip choice
  11. Very nice real leather case
  12. Two cases

Cons
  1. RRP
  2. Highs have a very harsh decay at the moment (know burn in)
  3. Cable tangles easily
  4. No portable and protective case
  5. Could be seen that they lack accessories
  6. Bad isolation and sound leaking

Yeh as you can guess, i am in love with them, they are beyond good!

Sony MDR-EX1000 Unboxing

Nice to see you like them! Well, they are of a higher caliber than any of the IEMs you have owned so far, so that's no wonder. 

May 31, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #104 of 202
Quote:
Nice to see you like them! Well, they are of a higher caliber than any of the IEMs you have owned so far, so that's no wonder. 

Yeh, your right they are a different league, its mainly due to the refinement, speed and they seem to be so effortless. To me i can only think they are pushing the boundaries of a universal, do you agree, would you rate these as one of the top performers or a lot better out their?

Redgiant A03 Review and Addition to Chart

[REVIEW] Redgiant A03: A Giant Indeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back