My DIY electrostatic headphones
Jul 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #166 of 4,059

Quote:
Hi Purk,

I'm sorry that I do not have any top end dynamic headphones to try.  :frowning2:

Wachara C.

How about borrowing several from Kiertijai when you start his  T2?  
o2smile.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #169 of 4,059
*bump out of nowhere* We were discussing electric field and flux in my physics Electricity & Magnetism course today, and it got me thinking about how the principles could be applied to making a DIY Electrostat. Your work is gorgeous. The engineering of the diaphragms, the circuitry in the amp, the beautiful casework, all of it.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #170 of 4,059
Thanks for your kind compliments, Maverickmonk.

I've finished putting together Kiertijai's T2 for over a month now.  Kiertijai kindly lend me his SR007 MK1, and SR009 to tried on T2. 

Using T2, I tested my headphones against Kiertijai's SR007, SR009 and my own SR202, SR407, and HE60.  To my ears, my headphones sound quite similar to SR007 MK1.  I think the sound is more relax than that from SR009.  With the powerful T2, headphones with big diaphragm really shine which makes my headphones, SR007 and SR009 a lot more fun to listen to than SR202, SR407, and HE60. 

Wachara C.

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #171 of 4,059
I'm making a new pair of headphones.  This time I try to make the headphones with as less copper as possible - I etched out all the useless copper.  This helps reduce the capacitance on the headphones and makes them easier to be driven by an amp on high frequencies.  It's still a work in progress, but here are a few pictures:

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #172 of 4,059
How about borrowing several from Kiertijai when you start his  T2?
       @Purk,  Thanks for your excellent idea.
       @Chinsettawong,   when your new DIY ES headphone has been finished please
organize a mini meeting.  I will bring some of my dynamic and orthodynamic headphones there
I would like to bring my Balancing Act 300B there but I need to do some modification and am looking
for someone who do the transformer and putting 2 resistors in the BA as Craig recommended.  It
would also be nice if we can also have the legendary Single Power amplifier.  This way you can compare
the best of electrostatic vs dynamic setup.  
o2smile.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #174 of 4,059
Wonderful! Congratulations! 

How did you do the wood working (frame)?

Quote:
I'm making a new pair of headphones.  This time I try to make the headphones with as less copper as possible - I etched out all the useless copper.  This helps reduce the capacitance on the headphones and makes them easier to be driven by an amp on high frequencies.  It's still a work in progress, but here are a few pictures:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back