Musician Audio Aquarius R2R DAC
Dec 24, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #46 of 137
Another friend bought accurate d1000 and said much better than his former musician pegasus. Accurate d1000 is about 2000$, but hansheng only 800$. Hansheng dac1000 has only spdif input, non usb. The only dac can compare hánheng( use with accurate dip/ips b600/800) is only wadax atlantis reference dac.
You wouldn’t have a link to where it can be bought would you?

Dec 24, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #47 of 137

Attachments

• D80C3827-15CC-42E2-9981-3A4C78A50831.jpeg
    D80C3827-15CC-42E2-9981-3A4C78A50831.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 24, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #48 of 137
Any reviews of this super amazing dac? I’ve looked and no luck.

Dec 24, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #49 of 137
I didn't miss it at all. I've been deep into Chinese audio for 15 years already. I know how it works. Copyright in Chinese means; the right to copy. Also I work with Chinese products every day and we have a good relation with our Chinese importer. So I probably know more than most others about it.

Still what I've seen with the Pegasus is that they take a good, well thought out design, cheapen it with the red pencil, add 'features', increase the price and whip up a media storm while asking everyone to sign an NDA to not mention where they 'bought' their plans. So no reviewer (except Jay Lee) ever dares mention the elephant in the room. And that elephant reeks.

It's not cooperative but parasitic. Maybe I'm wrong but all indicators I've seen point in the same direction. And I'll leave it at that. Enjoy the music.
Where did you get your information? Almost everything you've said is wrong, or a lie. First, Denafrips sourced out its engineers and factory to produce the Musician products. Nothing wrong or sketchy about it. It's an amicable business agreement. Even the distributor for Denafrips products is fine with it. Second, and most importantly, if you actually look at the specs and components of the Pegasus, you'll see it uses nothing but premium-grade resistors, caps, chips, transformers, wiring, even the IEC is premium. To claim Musician ripped-off Denafrips' design, then used cheap parts is laughable. Clearly, you know nothing about the product, the company, or how the equipment sounds. Stop spreading BS.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #54 of 137
Are we talking about different things? On the other Link I found it is 4xPCM1704. Pretty much vintage design with outdated DIP type of S/PDIF receiver (looks like not a crystal oscilator PLL), digital oversampling filter chip (expect a pretty vintage sound) and also opamp based two-stage analogue output.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #56 of 137
Perhaps you didn't try the latest MK2 versions.

Dec 28, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #58 of 137
I’m really liking what I’m hearing out of the Aquarius. I have to say when it comes to reproducing the human pitch the Aquarius does a better job of doing so then the Holo audio May KTE dac. I’ve listened to my Holo May in two other systems both speaker based and completely different from my main system and headphone set up .

Using the same vocal tracks I am confirming this , the Aquarius dac reproduces the human timbre , speaking and vocal more realistically then the May KTE dac.

Dec 29, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #60 of 137
The SoundNews review pegged my interest of the Aquarius it was a impulse buy . The distributor had marked it down to $2,600.00 USD and as it turned out this dac is an incredibly good purchase.

My journey in a nutshell, I haven’t been completely satisfied and content with my digital front end for sometime now , going through and borrowing different brands of servers and dacs I had recently purchased the Holo Audio May KTE dac over enthusiasm and testimonials however several months later i am disappointed with the May KTE , I am just learning now I’m not completely alone with my disappointment with Holo Audio .

Speaking for myself one major attribute playback has to be able to reproduce is the human pitch , the more realistic the human timbre this being reproduced gets my attention over anything else during playback, the Aquarius does this very well .

I have another month with the Aquarius before it goes to its new owner , I’ll have more to say .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back