Music range: Modern Rock - Extreme Metal music headphones
Oct 6, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #46 of 63

Quote:
What you need is a - Mini to RCA cable - plug the mini side into the 'front output' of the Auzentech sound card and run the white / red to the connections on the back
of the headphone amplifier.

As for amps, If I was you then I would get the entry level Violectric V90. Output impedance is very low and it will give
the Denon D7000 all the current that it needs to sound it's best. Not too expensive either and just next door from
Germany. But do not stress too much about the amplifier. Even the Fiio E9 is a very good start for little money.

Thanks very much - the picture itself clarified everything! :)

And what do you think about nuforce Icon HD or nuforce Icon HDP ? Both are available on the shop I mentioned above and look quite good to me... And are there any REAL differences between these two versions which would be useful?

I think about these Violectrics... But better to ask and think about again :)

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #47 of 63

Quote:

Thanks very much - the picture itself clarified everything! :)
And what do you think about nuforce Icon HD or nuforce Icon HDP ? Both are available on the shop I mentioned above and look quite good to me... And are there any REAL differences between these two versions which would be useful?

I think about these Violectrics... But better to ask and think about again :)

The only difference that I can see between the HD and HDP is that the HDP can also act as a pre amplifier for
a power amplifier. You don't need to worry about this.

If you choose to buy the Nuforce, remember that the unit has a decent built-in DAC (sound card replacement)
inside meaning that you will not have to use your Auzentech sound card.

All the Nuforce needs is a Type A to Type B USB to the computer and it will function as a DAC/Amplifier
combined in the one unit.

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #48 of 63

Quote:
The only difference that I can see between the HD and HDP is that the HDP can also act as a pre amplifier for
a power amplifier. You don't need to worry about this.

If you choose to buy the Nuforce, remember that the unit has a decent built-in DAC (sound card replacement)
inside meaning that you will not have to use your Auzentech sound card.

All the Nuforce needs is a Type A to Type B USB to the computer and it will function as a DAC/Amplifier
combined in the one unit.

So do you think that if I choose the HD version I will not loose anything? And the DAC feature means that I can choose to use it with Auzentech (connected from the back to "front slot" as you told me before) OR use it with its built-in soundcard by connecting the amp to USB slot? And do you have any experience with that - which of these two options is more useful or...

And do you think that this amp should work fine with the D7000s? I mean if it suits good and therefore will not "break down" the sound or something like that... Or do you STRONGLY advise me rather to try Vioelectrics? From what you've said plenty of amps should work fine with headphones like D7000 but better to ask :)

Thank you very much and sorry for my maybe stupid questions...

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #49 of 63
Many users have reported nothing but positive results when pairing a D7000 with an HDP, so if the HD is the same as an HDP, expect good results 
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #50 of 63

Quote:

So do you think that if I choose the HD version I will not loose anything? And the DAC feature means that I can choose to use it with Auzentech (connected from the back to "front slot" as you told me before) OR use it with its built-in soundcard by connecting the amp to USB slot? And do you have any experience with that - which of these two options is more useful or...

And do you think that this amp should work fine with the D7000s? I mean if it suits good and therefore will not "break down" the sound or something like that... Or do you STRONGLY advise me rather to try Vioelectrics? From what you've said plenty of amps should work fine with headphones like D7000 but better to ask :)

Thank you very much and sorry for my maybe stupid questions...

The Violectric V90 for example will be a better 'amp only' than the Nuforce Icon, but this is likely to be difficult to
hear the difference on the Denon D7000's because they do not require a massive amount of amplification.

Nuforce Icon is a reliable, good sounding unit with low demand headphones like the D7000.

The Violectrics are amplifiers 'only' there is no built-in DAC. The Violectric will be useful over the Nuforce
Icon if you decide to get 'another' headphone in the future that requires more amplification than the Denon.

The Nuforce Icon has the advantage of portability - you could easily put it in your bag with the D7000's - take it
with you anywhere, plug the Nurforce via USB cable into any tablet, PC or laptop and start using it as a
high quality headphone setup.

The Auzentech as you know is a PC card, hardly practical to pull out and carry around to people's houses.
If you choose the Nuforce Icon then you will not really need your Auzentech for headphone application
( keep it for speakers),

You will also not need the mini to RCA cable since the Nuforce connects to the PC directly with just the USB cable.

Oct 7, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #51 of 63

Quote:
Many users have reported nothing but positive results when pairing a D7000 with an HDP, so if the HD is the same as an HDP, expect good results 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
The Violectric V90 for example will be a better 'amp only' than the Nuforce Icon, but this is likely to be difficult to
hear the difference on the Denon D7000's because they do not require a massive amount of amplification.

Nuforce Icon is a reliable, good sounding unit with low demand headphones like the D7000.

The Violectrics are amplifiers 'only' there is no built-in DAC. The Violectric will be useful over the Nuforce
Icon if you decide to get 'another' headphone in the future that requires more amplification than the Denon.

The Nuforce Icon has the advantage of portability - you could easily put it in your bag with the D7000's - take it
with you anywhere, plug the Nurforce via USB cable into any tablet, PC or laptop and start using it as a
high quality headphone setup.

The Auzentech as you know is a PC card, hardly practical to pull out and carry around to people's houses.
If you choose the Nuforce Icon then you will not really need your Auzentech for headphone application
( keep it for speakers),

You will also not need the mini to RCA cable since the Nuforce connects to the PC directly with just the USB cable.

Please, can you have a look to this topic:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/532030/hello-how-is-nuforce-icon-hd-different-from-nuforce-hdp

... and tell me if there are any important differences? I am asking because the HD version is in the clearance sale on the shop I mentioned.
Thank you very much! :)

Oct 7, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #52 of 63

Quote:

Please, can you have a look to this topic:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/532030/hello-how-is-nuforce-icon-hd-different-from-nuforce-hdp

... and tell me if there are any important differences? I am asking because the HD version is in the clearance sale on the shop I mentioned.
Thank you very much! :)

S/PDIF and pre-amp functionality on the HDP ~ HD is just a basic amp and DAC to connect via USB only.

I'd go for the clearance HD unless you have a need for the S/PDIF

Oct 7, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #53 of 63

Quote:
S/PDIF and pre-amp functionality on the HDP ~ HD is just a basic amp and DAC to connect via USB only.

I'd go for the clearance HD unless you have a need for the S/PDIF

As I absolutely don't know for what the S/PDIF is useful... :) What is a difference between pre-amp and amp? o_O

Oct 7, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #54 of 63

Quote:
As I absolutely don't know for what the S/PDIF is useful... :) What is a difference between pre-amp and amp? o_O

Pre-amps are used with Hi-Fi stereo setups to prepare the signal in between the source and the power amplifier.

You could say that the headphone amp is just a power amp. In other words, if you're not going to use a separate
amplifier for stereo use then don't worry about the pre-amp function.

S/PDIF is just another source connection method, but if you are using a PC, laptop or tablet then USB will be best.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #55 of 63

Quote:
Pre-amps are used with Hi-Fi stereo setups to prepare the signal in between the source and the power amplifier.

You could say that the headphone amp is just a power amp. In other words, if you're not going to use a separate
amplifier for stereo use then don't worry about the pre-amp function.

S/PDIF is just another source connection method, but if you are using a PC, laptop or tablet then USB will be best.

Sounds great... I will by the HD version then :)

So do you think it's better to connect the amp to pc using an USB cable? And is it possible to connect it also by a Mini to RCA cable (better to use the potential of my soundcard as well, isn't it?)? According to this image: http://shop.avcenter.cz/fotky5592/fotos/_vyr_836b_iconHD.jpg looks so...

And do you think it is possible to use the amp connected between the PC (soundcard or not) and speakers to improve the signal? I am not going to buy it for this purpose but just to know if a headphone amplifier could be used as a "normal" amplifier :)

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #56 of 63

Quote:

So do you think it's better to connect the amp to pc using an USB cable? And is it possible to connect it also by a Mini to RCA cable (better to use the potential of my soundcard as well, isn't it?)? According to this image: http://shop.avcenter.cz/fotky5592/fotos/_vyr_836b_iconHD.jpg looks so...

And do you think it is possible to use the amp connected between the PC (soundcard or not) and speakers to improve the signal? I am not going to buy it for this purpose but just to know if a headphone amplifier could be used as a "normal" amplifier :)

That is the catch with the Nuforce Icon HD. If you look at the back of panel (picture you posted) - the RCA connections are for output not input.

There is no way to connect the mini (Auzentech) to RCA (Nuforce Icon)

You'll find that the Nuforce Icon DAC is pretty comparable and even nicer than your Auzentech.

Nope, the Nuforce cannot drive full sized speakers.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #57 of 63

Quote:

Here I've found a picture of HDP's slots (http://www.divineaudio.co.uk/images/uploads/products/nuforce/nuforce_icon_hdp_back.jpg) - does it mean that it IS possible to connect auzen soundcard to the amp in a case of HDP version? And could these two together make the sound better than only the amp itself?

And do you think it is possible to set-up WASAPI to use with the amp? It should be no problem using auzen soundcard but what if I only use the amp connected in USB slot?

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #58 of 63

Quote:

Here I've found a picture of HDP's slots (http://www.divineaudio.co.uk/images/uploads/products/nuforce/nuforce_icon_hdp_back.jpg) - does it mean that it IS possible to connect auzen soundcard to the amp in a case of HDP version? And could these two together make the sound better than only the amp itself?

And do you think it is possible to set-up WASAPI to use with the amp? It should be no problem using auzen soundcard but what if I only use the amp connected in USB slot?

Correct, with the HDP you could mini from the Auzentech to RCA on the Nuforce Icon HDP.

Or you could use your SPDIF optical output on the Auzentech to the digital line-in input on the Nuforce HDP with a SPDIF cable.

Your choice either way.

Wasapi will have nothing to do with the Nuforce's native DAC driver, WASAPi is for your player like eg, Foobar 2000, download it and use it.

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #59 of 63

Quote:

Correct, with the HDP you could mini from the Auzentech to RCA on the Nuforce Icon HDP.

Or you could use your SPDIF optical output on the Auzentech to the digital line-in input on the Nuforce HDP with a SPDIF cable.

Your choice either way.

Wasapi will have nothing to do with the Nuforce's native DAC driver, WASAPi is for your player like eg, Foobar 2000, download it and use it.

But does it matter? Is there possible to get some better sound from the combo of HDP and Auzen soundboard connected together?

About WASAPI - So when setting the WASAPI in the player, there should be (appear when the amp is connected) some option according to the nuforce amp = to get the clear signal directly into the amp?

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #60 of 63

Quote:
But does it matter? Is there possible to get some better sound from the combo of HDP and Auzen soundboard connected together?

About WASAPI - So when setting the WASAPI in the player, there should be (appear when the amp is connected) some option according to the nuforce amp = to get the clear signal directly into the amp?

When you connect the Nuforce HD or HDP via USB it should automatically install the native driver and show-up as 'USB sound device' just like another sound card.

Select it in Control Panel as your main device, then you can select WASAPI in the player and it should play.

No, there is no real sonic benefit to double processing the signal firstly through the Auzentech and then through the HDP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back