MS-Proi's vs RS1i's
Mar 27, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #16 of 101
Waiting on that review Momiji
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #17 of 101
I have read impressions from Jahn before saying something like the mspros are ms2is that lack groove and rockin Prat. Is there anyone that agrees with this?

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #18 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have read impressions from Jahn before saying something like the mspros are ms2is that lack groove and rockin Prat. Is there anyone that agrees with this?

Not at all, they're still Grados plenty of groove and Prat.

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #19 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Joboto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Waiting on that review Momiji
wink.gif

Gonna be waiting a bit
tongue.gif
. See my sig!

[size=x-small][Just done the 5th job app and exams soon. Don't worry, should have a PM for you in a week.][/size]

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #20 of 101
Thank you for initiating this post, I was going to seek opinion on the same subject. From what I heard the MS Pro is less forward, in your face than the RS1i, and more airy. The RS1i is still preferred for rock but it is pretty much there is. Really interested in the Pro

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #24 of 101
I am a big fun of MS-PRO as nickchen. I liked them very much with bowls and loved them with ultimate mod. Regal you could try this mod.
I didn't hear RS1i unfortunatelly so can't comment but I had HF2 and didn't like them much. They sure wasn't in MS-PRO league according to me (it is subjective of course).
MS-PRO is my favourite dynamic can's although I have never heard Electrostat's or Ortho's. I think my pair lacked a little weight in instruments so if you find right source for them than they offer magical experience. I sold them and can't forget, they miss me a lot, one day I will buy another pair again very unique headphone.

That was my pair 2008. It was probably one of the first pair with round rod.

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #25 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jahn was wrong. I'd say MS2i and MS Pro have identical technical abilities, but the MS2i was rednecked and ultrasoned severely.
icon10.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #26 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always wanted to hear the Mspro. They're really mysterious

Me, too -- I would really want to hear a double-step up from (and 7x more expensive than) my MS-1i!

Mar 27, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #29 of 101
The pic Phil mentioned is only boutique hifi though, such stuff isn't compulsory under sonic prosperties.

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #30 of 101
It's really strange how unpopular the mspro is given how fantastic they sound from almost every review. Anything that tames grados is a good thing IMO
biggrin.gif

I'd still like to see a comparo between the original vintage RS1 and the msPRO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back