MS-Proi's vs RS1i's
Apr 6, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #91 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently been listening to the RS2i and its treble does seem to aggrevate my tinnitus. Really look forward to hearing the Pro

I had the RS2is before the MS-Pros. Hated them, thought the treble/midrange tone was way off. Todd from TTVJ told me I probably wouldn't like the RS1is since I didn't like the RS2is, so I went with the MS-Pros. Couldn't be happier with them, they are my favorite headphone by far.

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #92 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the RS2is before the MS-Pros. Hated them, thought the treble/midrange tone was way off. Todd from TTVJ told me I probably wouldn't like the RS1is since I didn't like the RS2is, so I went with the MS-Pros. Couldn't be happier with them, they are my favorite headphone by far.

yump, I am sure the MS Pro will be better. I can live with the RS2i but its treble retains a slight trace of piercing quality even after run-in. I thought the MS-Pro should be tamed in this regard ?

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #93 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yump, I am sure the MS Pro will be better. I can live with the RS2i but its treble retains a slight trace of piercing quality even after run-in. I thought the MS-Pro should be tamed in this regard ?

Yes much more accurate treble, the tone of the RS2i was off, I know the tone of my favorite guitarists and the MS-Pros are right on the money.

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #94 of 101
Listened to the RS2i again recently, the congested prespective left much to be desired with me. It is not so much the limited soundstaging per se, but the sense that the temporal and timing cues is not right. If a musical note can be roughly contrived as comprising the three components of initial attack, main thrust, and subsequent fade out, it appears that the initial attack is emphasized while the subsequent fade out is de-emphasized. Musical instruments as protraited are not allowed the proper space and time to fully develop the tune it plays. It is real fast transient response no doubt but sound just a tad unnatural to me. I guess the RS1i is better but likely not much better in these regards.

Because of health issues I can only use light weighted cans and properly have to stick with the RS2i for the moment though. Really look forward to listening to the MS Pro someday. Heard that they have a more "normal" soundstage presentation and may be just what I need.

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #95 of 101
actually, which one is smoother between RS1i and MS Pro? I've heard MS Pro and I love its sound, I just wondering what RS1i will offering to me.

note that, my current cans are woody MS1 and akg k701, is RS1i has better treble control than them? 

Oct 7, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #97 of 101
The MS Pro is principally a MS1 in high res, the sheer tonality is almost identical.

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #98 of 101

Quote:
The MS Pro is principally a MS1 in high res, the sheer tonality is almost identical.

yeah I know it, that's why I like how the MS Pro produce the sound, i just wondering how about RS1i's tonality compare to MS Pro, because at my place I think I can get RS1i cheaper 
tongue.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #100 of 101
...and make a MS1000 out of the MS1 then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back