MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
Jul 11, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #407 of 512
I just got my MS-2i's today after a manufacturing delay, and it seems they've switched back away from the chromed look to a slightly textured aluminum.  These are the only MS-2i's I've seen in person, so I'm not sure if this is the same as they used to look.

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #408 of 512
Huh, interesting, those don't look like mine and I got mine last month. Mine is the SR325is chrome look. I like this textured look better. Oh well. Does this mean the SR325is are going to look like this too going forward? I can't imagine Alessandro splitting away from the Grado line in terms of construction material.

Quote:
I just got my MS-2i's today after a manufacturing delay, and it seems they've switched back away from the chromed look to a slightly textured aluminum.  These are the only MS-2i's I've seen in person, so I'm not sure if this is the same as they used to look.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #409 of 512
Lovely :)

Alessandro Fans, report yourself:

1. whoelse: MS1i, MS2i

Jul 12, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #411 of 512
Yes, aluminium.

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #413 of 512
I'm trying to know if they would be to bright for me, I had a MS1 which I loved. Later I tried the grados  RS-1 and I couldn't take the brightness...

So hows the MS2 sound compared to the Grado RS-1 and the MS1  specially in brightness terms?

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #414 of 512
The new one is shining, the older casing is matt. Sound wise is the same.

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #417 of 512
Yes agreed :) I got the matt one and I prefer matt no finger print problem.

Quote:
I'm trying to know if they would be to bright for me, I had a MS1 which I loved. Later I tried the grados  RS-1 and I couldn't take the brightness...

So hows the MS2 sound compared to the Grado RS-1 and the MS1  specially in brightness terms?

Quote:
too bad, the non shinny one looked better IMO

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #418 of 512
People often said the MS2 is brighter but having both MS1 and MS2 I don't agree on that.
MS1 is good and I have no problem listening to either one of them any time. MS1 mid range is more grainy and forceful while MS2 is buttery smooth.
Forceful mid can sounds good too, MS2 is more relaxing. It is like old whiskey while taste the same, it is smoother to swallow.

MS2 is much more detail but I also find MS1 is detail enough and MS2 price cost 2x more. Some modern tracks are optimize for general earphones so MS1 can sounds "bright" for this instant.
Then using others earphone/headphone on this badly recorded tracks does have the same problem. Most of them sounds ear piercing while the Grado's sound more "ringing". All I have to do is to lower the volume. So I think it is not the fault of the headphones but the recorded tracks itself. MS2 "ringing" is less tiring as they are smoother, does that mean it is less "bright"?
I think so. It is not as bright as MS1 just smoother, more detail and to some it just sounds "brighter". I think it is the same old whiskey just older and smoother :)

But like I said, because I have the MS2 if not I have no problem listening to the MS1 at all. I have the MS2 because I got a use pair around $150, something I cannot pass and of course better than MS1.

Quote:

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #419 of 512
OK whoelse, thanks! so the matte is the new, great.

Now, I love my MS1 because of the spark and the punch, and forward guitars in metal, you own both, what can you tell me about the MS2 compared to the MS1? ... juts a short comparisson,

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #420 of 512
I just did, above your post :)

Quote:
OK whoelse, thanks! so the matte is the new, great.

Now, I love my MS1 because of the spark and the punch, and forward guitars in metal, you own both, what can you tell me about the MS2 compared to the MS1? ... juts a short comparisson,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back