MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
Sep 29, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #91 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by twc5964
Just received mine.These are truly excellent headphones...'nuff said ! They definitely have a slightly flatter response in the treble that works extremely well.I can only compare these to the 225's but one thing I do know-my 225's and 595's will be gathering dust for awhile ! Damn,just amazed listening to these as I type this response.

I try to not type replies while wearing my MS2i....They ruin my concentration while I'm typing!!
frown.gif

Oct 14, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #92 of 512
These phones are really amazing for the price! And they do really shine after the burn-in
orphsmile.gif

And what doesn't really matter that much, but is also nice to hear: girls like em a lot
biggrin.gif

gEoV7JF7pP.jpg

Oct 14, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #95 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN
You guys are killing me!!!!!.......down the horizon I can see MS-2i sitting comfortable in my upcoming home rig
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

We can't help ourselves....very addictive; plus it's the "upgraditus bug" talking through us!
very_evil_smiley.gif

wink.gif

Oct 14, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #96 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by FatCat
And what doesn't really matter that much, but is also nice to hear: girls like em a lot
biggrin.gif

gEoV7JF7pP.jpg

I noticed that!
smily_headphones1.gif
The gals do like them!

Back in March, or maybe in April, I wore my MS-1s to the mailbox one morning and an older woman smiled and waved to me for the first time!

.....I mentioned it in an earlier post a few months ago.

It was cool!

Yup, she was an older gal.

Of course I'm 62.......so go figure.
plainface.gif

Oct 14, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #97 of 512
Ugh, I can't wait for my MS2is to arrive. I'm already considering getting them recabled with Headphile BlackSilver.
evil_smiley.gif

And these really have to be one of the best looking headphones ever, right up there with the HP-1000s.

Oct 14, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #99 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN
But honestly I love the look of the older MS-2. That straight barrel very similar to PS-1. And my idea of mod of course would include those what I have already done to my MS-1 AND an anodized black or even epoxy black powdercoat on them!!!
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif

I very nearly went with one of the older styles myself back when I was trying to decide between MS2 and RS-2! With the black finish they would look very much like the early black finished SR-325s. So there is a precedence for black at that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #100 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
Ugh, I can't wait for my MS2is to arrive. I'm already considering getting them recabled with Headphile BlackSilver.
evil_smiley.gif

And these really have to be one of the best looking headphones ever, right up there with the HP-1000s.

So far so good on the cable on my MS2i, not even the dredded Grado tangles. But what sort of sonic improvement, just out of curiosity, would be expected from the Headphile BlackSilver?

Oct 14, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #101 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by FatCat
These phones are really amazing for the price! And they do really shine after the burn-in
orphsmile.gif

biggrin.gif

gEoV7JF7pP.jpg

That is one sweet pic, you got anymore?

Oct 14, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #102 of 512
ah, the ms2. the pics that jahn put up on the first page of this thread are the reason why i got the ms2 and they were the first pair of cans that i bought with my first paycheck from my current job. i then sold them to fund the purchase of an rs1. seeing this thread makes me want to run out and get another pair of ms2i.

Oct 14, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #103 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
ah, the ms2. the pics that jahn put up on the first page of this thread are the reason why i got the ms2 and they were the first pair of cans that i bought with my first paycheck from my current job. i then sold them to fund the purchase of an rs1. seeing this thread makes me want to run out and get another pair of ms2i.

Worry not. Your old toy is very well taken care of with me. I'm listening to them now in fact.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 14, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #104 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
Worry not. Your old toy is very well taken care of with me. I'm listening to them now in fact.
very_evil_smiley.gif

ah my friend zorander. i'm happy to hear that you are taking good care of them. and thank you for rubbing in the fact that i don't have them anymore.
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #105 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi

Ah yes; and like I mentioned back on page two or three of this thread, one of the reasons I planned on buying a set of MS2i, was noting how many folks had said after they bought and then sold a pair of MS2s, that they wanted to buy another pair to replace the pair that they'd sold.

These are nice friendly cans at that!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back