**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Jun 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #106 of 3,203
Quote:
But why would anyone only own one pair of hp's to use it with. 
size]

I have MD+hd650+gr07. The A2 works beautifully with each one. This is headfi man. 
size]

But I read you had to turnoff the Asgard in some weird way or otherwise it's gonna damage the drivers, is this true? Do you even need to turn off the amp?

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #107 of 3,203
Quote:
But I read you had to turnoff the Asgard in some weird way or otherwise it's gonna damage the drivers, is this true? Do you even need to turn off the amp?

Sigh.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #109 of 3,203
Quote:

It's not true.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #110 of 3,203
Quote:

I believe that issue has been long since resolved by Schiit, no current models should be affected. And if you purchase a used model with the issue, Jason and the crew at Schiit have apparently been excellent about performing the modification to resolve it at no cost (other than shipping). Also, if memory serves, this was an issue with the Lyr, I don't recall it applying to the Asgard, but I could certainly be mistaken. 

As an aside, I've had my Lyr since considerably before the issue became known, and I've never had a bit of trouble out of mine-- although I tend to be very cautious when using my gear, always turning the volume down for power cycling, etc. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #114 of 3,203
I wonder what happened to the old thread and found out MattTCG's comments on a topic which has a similar name. Now I get in and have my comment. Reading the new review of Mad Dog and wait for the new cables of Mad Dog . Thanks and hi to everyone. Nice thread and nice headphone need to be shared to everyone.

Jun 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #116 of 3,203
I do have Asgard for sale, not the newest one, in the for sale forum and during my usage had no any problems with even while I'm a second owner who purchased mine from the fellow head-fier who barely used one

Jun 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #117 of 3,203
Jun 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #118 of 3,203
Hello, just curious so how do the updates and retuning work on the mad dogs say in a few months 3.3 comes out would it be free or would you have to pay a fee. Plus, does any one have any measurement graphs on the improvement from the stock T50rp's to the mad dogs? Thanks

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #119 of 3,203
You'll have to pay for updates.
Yes, Dan put up a graph with the different versions of his mod.
Please take a look at the final few pages of the original thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/613576/mad-dog-by-mrspeakers-modified-fostex-t50rp-review

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #120 of 3,203
Orderd Thursday morning and delivered Saturday with the cheap shipping. Sound great right out of the box and seem to be getting better. Anyone know how long is breakin? Very comfortable and seem light as my HD600s and K702s. No A/B yet but might sound better than both of them. Nice bass too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back