**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Jun 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #76 of 3,203
No worries, re-read my post the quote should say this "That looks like a plain pair of black T50RPs."
biggrin.gif
  It's all good.  Thanks for the info..

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #77 of 3,203
The black stickers are so flush fitting that I didn't realize that they were already on when I got them. I thought it was just the bare cup. The only way you can tell is that the word lock shows the slight bubble of the sticker. Got to look close though. Gives you a nice all black stealth look. 

I have a extra sticker set if anyone is interested pm me. 

Jun 7, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #78 of 3,203
Quote:
To me, the quality is similar. The HD650 has the same lower mid-bass boost that the Denons have, but a bit less. The MDs have a more linear bass, with a bit more impact. Both are excellent to me, and the headphones are really complimentary to each other. More prominent - I think the MDs win that one by just a bit. Note - my experiences are with a roughly 3.1 rev. My 3.2 upgrade should be back next week. The 3.2 should just be what I just said, but more so.

So even with the mid bass hump of the hd650 the MDs still seem equally bassy overall?

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #83 of 3,203
Quote:

Thanks for the review.  I enjoy your style and this review tells me a great deal about these headphones.  One of the best I've read about the Mad Dogs for anyone considering a purchase. 

Thank you for the kind words and glad you liked it. Dan's done a great job with them.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #84 of 3,203
Thanks for the review Frank... u put my finger closer to the BUY button. 
the leather looks delicious :)

Question: how would the balance option affect the soundstage?
(apart from higherpower of the amp opening up the can ) 

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #85 of 3,203
Quote:
Thanks for the review Frank... u put my finger closer to the BUY button. 
the leather looks delicious :)

Question: how would the balance option affect the soundstage?
(apart from higherpower of the amp opening up the can ) 

Thats a good question  Dan regarding thew sound stage.  I only heard them briefly in NY and not sure a sI never had them side by side.  I would think if you have a balanced amop and source it would be the way to go. Great value for the money.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #86 of 3,203
Hi... Alas, MOT rules explicitly prevent me from commenting on the sound of our products.  However, the first units are shipping today so I'm sure comments will be here early next week.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #88 of 3,203
the website balanced-price is back up to 39999 ...
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #90 of 3,203
Quote:
Thats a good question  Dan regarding thew sound stage.  I only heard them briefly in NY and not sure a sI never had them side by side.  I would think if you have a balanced amop and source it would be the way to go. Great value for the money.

I have been beta testing the balanced version for the last maybe 4 weeks or so.  I find the sound stage and overall control to be slightly better - note that this is very subjective.  I had the balanced at 3.1-ish and the SE 3.0 at the same time, so the comparison was not direct.  My phones are with Dan right now, being upgraded to the final shipping configuration (the prototype had a different cable and connection - the shipping units are MUCH nicer) and 3.2.  I still won't be able to do a direct comparison unless someone in the SF East Bay or Sacramento area wants to get together for a head to head, MD 3.2 balanced vs. SE showdown....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back