**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Jun 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #61 of 3,203
Cardboard Castles!! 
size]

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #66 of 3,203
If you like blues, you must try Doug MacLeod: There's a Time. The smooth textured bass comes through beautifully on the MD's. The second track Black Nights is a stand out. Turn up the volume and listen to this guy lay some oh so sweet licks on that slide guitar...dang!!  The whole album rocks and is wonderfully recorded.

Thanks to Frank I for the tip on this one. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #67 of 3,203
Most of the classic rock 'n roll I enjoy is rooted in the blues. (Rolling Stones, Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, The Who, etc.)  A lot of the original good blues music sounds terrible today and was poorly recorded a long time ago. Obviously there are exceptions, and I really enjoyed Doug MacLeod's "There's a Time" album.  Thanks for the recommendation.

beerchug.gif

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #69 of 3,203
Can anyone comment on how the MDs bass compare to HD650s, both in terms of quantity and quality?  Which one seems to have the more prominent bottom end overall?  

To me, the quality is similar. The HD650 has the same lower mid-bass boost that the Denons have, but a bit less. The MDs have a more linear bass, with a bit more impact. Both are excellent to me, and the headphones are really complimentary to each other. More prominent - I think the MDs win that one by just a bit. Note - my experiences are with a roughly 3.1 rev. My 3.2 upgrade should be back next week. The 3.2 should just be what I just said, but more so.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #71 of 3,203
Checking in again about the Black Mad Dog Stickers.  I still have yet to see them - do they exists?

Oh, here's a picture of the Mad Dogs I took the other day with my relatively new camera 
biggrin.gif

Listened to the new Daft Punk album and i must agree that it sounds glorious on the MDs.

It's one page back. Just put mine on yesterday. It's easy and very forgiving.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #73 of 3,203
I must be blind or something.  I don't see a sticker on those headphones.  I'm looking for the words Mad Dogs..  That looks like a plain pair of black T50RPs..:blink:

Those are the Black stickers. If your looking for the black branded ones, there are other pictures up, just look in the gallery of the old thread.

And the T50RPs have the yellow fostex symbol thing on them.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #75 of 3,203
Gotcha..   

I'm aware of this....:D

Okay, but how did you think all black panels looked like "a regular T50RP"...?

You see how that's confusing right, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back