**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Jul 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #886 of 3,203
Anyone going to the CA Audio Show?  If so bring your phones and we'll do 3.2 updates free (as availability allows.  Also, if you don't have Alpha Pads and want the update PM me).

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 26, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #887 of 3,203
Quote:
Anyone going to the CA Audio Show?  If so bring your phones and we'll do 3.2 updates free (as availability allows.  Also, if you don't have Alpha Pads and want the update PM me).

Will you be selling Mad Dogs there? I have been slightly considering one, and I may cave.

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #889 of 3,203
Jul 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #890 of 3,203
Quote:
Quote:
Will you be selling Mad Dogs there? I have been slightly considering one, and I may cave.

Do it wolfetan!! Do it!!!

:wink:

beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #891 of 3,203
Jul 26, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #892 of 3,203
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do it wolfetan!! Do it!!!

:wink:

Wolfetan44 - ya know you want them!  I'll be at the show as well (barring work intruding on my personal life, again), in case the line is too long for listening at Dan's table...

I'll most likely be at the table for a long time
size]

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #893 of 3,203
Quote:
size]

I'd be interested in reading your impressions of the MD versus the Paradox, if you have the time for a comparison while you're there! 
size]

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #894 of 3,203
Quote:
Quote:
size]

I'd be interested in reading your impressions of the MD versus the Paradox, if you have the time for a comparison while you're there! 
size]

I think I may do it with someone, but not at mrspeakers table. 

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #895 of 3,203
I started a thread for people around Orange County that are interested in getting together for mini-meets, get-togethers, and small auditions.
Here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/665147/orange-county-california-get-togethers-1-on-1-auditions-get-to-know-head-fiers

The other day a member messaged me and wanted to try out the Mad Dogs. We worked out time and place the night before and meet up yesterday. He owns a number of different cans, but was comparing specifically against his DT880 and HD650. He was really impressed with the Mad Dogs. Looks like he might be picking up a pair in the near future. 

It was also an opportunity for me to try out the Mad Dogs on some different DAC/AMP setups, as well as some A/B comparing. 

While the Los Angeles meet was amazing and I was able to try out some phenomenal gear, it wasn't the best place to audition open cans.
This get-together made for a much better auditioning environment. My mind was changed about gear that I thought I would never want. Some of my expectation bias was shattered. It was a great experience. 

In the end, I am really happy that I own the Mad Dogs. They provide terrific sound quality, isolation, and comfort at an unbeatable price. 
Can't wait to compare them to some other gear as we setup more of mini-meets and get-togethers. 

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #898 of 3,203
Quote:
Man... if Mrspeakers have some mad dogs to sell I might get one on an impulse buy -_-

Now I'm sure if I should even go to the meet lol 

Definetly ,a +1

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #899 of 3,203
Quote:
Quote:
Man... if Mrspeakers have some mad dogs to sell I might get one on an impulse buy -_-

Now I'm sure if I should even go to the meet lol 

Best headphone purchase to date for me. I think it would be an excellent impulse purchase!

frown.gif
 Sitting here with the Burson Soloist SL / Audez'e LCD-3 is killing me. The Mad Dogs aren't up to par by any chance?
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back