MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Jan 10, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #3,451 of 5,796
  The developer made it so easy with that downloadable software tool, and thanks to the other users' explanations, it only took 1 simple command line and that's it. Reset all settings on device and voila! 

Awesome and good to know. Cheers 

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #3,452 of 5,796
Regardless of what others say, Tyll's opinions have been most consistent with my experiences. Now, I worry about upgrading my Ehter C to the C Flow. It seems like the C has more refined high than the C Flow. I may be wrong. My conjecture is that if the high of the C Flow is too smooth, there may not be such a big difference between the C Flow and Audio Technica M50x. Is there anybody who can provide a sincere opinion about the difference between the Audio Technica and the C Flow? 

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #3,453 of 5,796
I had a short listening session with Ether C Flow last summer, which prompted me to make the upgrade.  My impression was the same intense level of detail and clarity with a welcome bass extension, nothing too boomy.  I didn't notice any excessive brightness, but my range of test tracks was limited to Ultimae trance/ambient/psy, techno/house/tech house, some classical, and a brief bit of Pink Floyd.

My (older) impression of M50 is a suppressed, muffled, "dull" sound that I frankly despise.  If I had felt any vibe of that with C Flow I think I would have noticed very quickly.

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #3,454 of 5,796
Are you talking Ether C, or Ether C Flow?

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #3,455 of 5,796
Oops, flow :D

I tried it out at that socal summer session dedicated to trying the flows....!

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #3,456 of 5,796
I have both the Flow and the Flow C now and I'm comparing them. I'm no expert at this but I can at least give some impressions. The C Flow isn't broken in yet and I bought the open Flows used so I don't know how much time they have on them. I can tell some rather interesting differences between them already though. 

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #3,457 of 5,796
  I have both the Flow and the Flow C now and I'm comparing them. I'm no expert at this but I can at least give some impressions. The C Flow isn't broken in yet and I bought the open Flows used so I don't know how much time they have on them. I can tell some rather interesting differences between them already though. 

I am seriously considering NOT upgrading my Ether C to Ether C Flow. Or maybe I have to upgrade it to Ether Flow Open. What are your experiences with them? 

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #3,458 of 5,796
Would I be correct in saying that there is a consensus that the for the price, the DUM cables are unbeatable?

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #3,459 of 5,796

Would love to hear your thoughts on the two as I'm currently trying to decide between the 2, isolation isn't an issue for me

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #3,461 of 5,796

I was never a huge fan of the DUM cables.. I personally like the Norne series of cables. 

Which Norne have you used?

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #3,462 of 5,796
  Which Norne have you used?

Not to cut in, but I've used most of the Norne cables. My favorites with the Ether line are Zoetik and Draug 2c. Great build quality and complementary sonics. Nice looking too. 
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #3,463 of 5,796
Not to cut in, but I've used most of the Norne cables. My favorites with the Ether line are Zoetik and Draug 2c. Great build quality and complementary sonics. Nice looking too. :wink:

I agree with this guy.

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #3,464 of 5,796

Not to cut in, but I've used most of the Norne cables. My favorites with the Ether line are Zoetik and Draug 2c. Great build quality and complementary sonics. Nice looking too. 
wink.gif

How quiet are they (as in microphonics)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back