MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Jan 6, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #3,421 of 5,796
I don't want to bother Dan or others in the company with another email regarding minutia, so asking the community... (tho I know very well it may be Dan or Peter or other empl who answers)

To participants of the upgrade program, did you get a box or just your brown case returned in a brown box? I ask to know if I should put my brown case in my original Ether box or not. Thanx.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #3,422 of 5,796
I don't want to bother Dan or others in the company with another email regarding minutia, so asking the community... (tho I know very well it may be Dan or Peter or other empl who answers)

To participants of the upgrade program, did you get a box or just your brown case returned in a brown box? I ask to know if I should put my brown case in my original Ether box or not. Thanx.

I just sent in my brown case.  I saw no need to send in the Ether box.

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #3,424 of 5,796
Thanx!

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #3,425 of 5,796

I upgraded to the Mojo + Ether C Flow combo from Dragonfly v1.2 + P7. Went for the Mojo (versus Hugo) based on Dan's recommendation on this thread that this was the better pairing. Still looking for a reason to complain after two months. One of my best investments
smily_headphones1.gif
 And as several others have stated already, Mojo has no issues driving these. Driven directly by your mobile phone (Galaxy S6 in my case), however, the volume will only go up to comfortable listening levels, not something you can rock-out to.

The only bad thing about these headphones is that they leak a lot of sound, simply because the music begs to be turned up 
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #3,428 of 5,796
Went for the Mojo (versus Hugo) based on Dan's recommendation on this thread that this was the better pairing.

That I don't understand!
I have both Mojo and Hugo and with my new C Flow the Hugo sounds so much more refined to my ears than the Mojo!

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #3,430 of 5,796
btw, between the open and the closed, which is brighter overall?

I never tried the C flow, but I'm not a fan of the normal ether c..

I would say overall treble quantity is about the same but the C Flow is less smooth to my ears.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #3,431 of 5,796
That I don't understand!
I have both Mojo and Hugo and with my new C Flow the Hugo sounds so much more refined to my ears than the Mojo!

I believe Dan talks more in terms of musicality than refinement. But this has been the consensus about Mojo in general over the Hugo. TBH, another reason for choosing it was that Hugo is an older product and almost seemed due for an upgrade. At $549 with higher portability and likelihood to hold its resale value in the future, Mojo could act as a good stop-gap, in the least. That foresight sure saved me a lot of tears, now that Hugo 2 has been announced.

Now I might be stuck with Mojo for a while (not complaining). Unless Hugo 2 significantly improves upon Mojo's presentation and details, I will be saving up for Dave.

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #3,432 of 5,796
[quote="Arnav]

The only bad thing about these headphones is that they leak a lot of sound, simply because the music begs to be turned up :D  
[/quote]

Tho it has to be better than the HE-1000 turned up loud. Which I'm sure my apartment neighbors above and below me must hear when the streets of NYC become silent late at night into the early morning hours. At least I assume and hope so, and why I went with the C.

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #3,433 of 5,796
I believe Dan talks more in terms of musicality than refinement. But this has been the consensus about Mojo in general over the Hugo. TBH, another reason for choosing it was that Hugo is an older product and almost seemed due for an upgrade. At $549 with higher portability and likelihood to hold its resale value in the future, Mojo could act as a good stop-gap, in the least. That foresight sure saved me a lot of tears, now that Hugo 2 has been announced.

Now I might be stuck with Mojo for a while (not complaining). Unless Hugo 2 significantly improves upon Mojo's presentation and details, I will be saving up for Dave.

lol, the new hugo 2 will have a filter in it to change the tonality, I'm actually thinking of selling my current set up to buy the hugo 2.
I wonder if the filter works before the amp, I like warm signature on some music.

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #3,434 of 5,796

lol, the new hugo 2 will have a filter in it to change the tonality, I'm actually thinking of selling my current set up to buy the hugo 2.
I wonder if the filter works before the amp, I like warm signature on some music.

Apparently Hugo 2 use twice as many taps (samples) as the Hugo. With the ability to select sound signatures, it definitely sounds like a worthy prospect. This should also close the performance gap between the Dave. Surely, the mighty Dave will now beg for upgrades too!

Which amp?

Tho it has to be better than the HE-1000 turned up loud. Which I'm sure my apartment neighbors above and below me must hear when the streets of NYC become silent late at night into the early morning hours. At least I assume and hope so, and why I went with the C.

I haven't really tested mine against any finicky co-workers yet
biggrin.gif
 Hard to say if the leakage will be bothersome in a noisy office environment.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #3,435 of 5,796
  Apparently Hugo 2 use twice as many taps (samples) as the Hugo. With the ability to select sound signatures, it definitely sounds like a worthy prospect. This should also close the performance gap between the Dave. Surely, the mighty Dave will now beg for upgrades too!

Which amp?

I haven't really tested mine against any finicky co-workers yet
biggrin.gif
 Hard to say if the leakage will be bothersome in a noisy office environment.

I mean external desktop amp, was wondering if the filter would still work when using the hugo2 as DAP.

The ether flow is smooth as it is, however I listen to music for a long time everyday, and I do get some fatigue after a while, even in my current set-up which is a bit warm already.
at that time, the filter to make it warmer will help a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back