MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Jan 3, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #3,392 of 5,796

I actually solve this problem of glasses breaking the seal for my use by putting the headphones on first then putting on the glasses with the arms tucked into the top of the pads, the glasses are a little tilted but works fine for reading.  

I do exactly the same thing and think the results work fine as you said.

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #3,393 of 5,796
  For all of you who have patiently awaited availability for upgrades, we have just sent notifications to the next batch of eligible owners!  

P.S. If you have already upgraded and get a duplicate please disregard this notice, due to the fact our initial upgrade list was selected at random some redundant notices will be sent out...  

Thanks Dan. And the "shipping" option at checkout I assume refers to the return shipping charge? Cheers 

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #3,394 of 5,796
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 3, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #3,395 of 5,796
Jan 4, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #3,396 of 5,796
Thanks Dan, just got my Flow upgrade, so could you pass on my kind regards to the people doing the upgrades for a sterling A1 job.
I get to meet Mark Dolbear in April so I can buy him a bun and a cup of tea for arranging this...

Good luck for 2017 mate Iam off to burn in me new phones...
Kind regards
Dave

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #3,399 of 5,796
Anyone know who makes the headphone case? Wondering if I can locate one that doesn't say MRSPEAKERS on it. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #3,400 of 5,796
Speaking of cases, what's the best option for a carrying case with a handle or strap that fits the HPs with cables attached? I dislike removing the cables too often, causing wear. I have a Dolphin case model D8005 but it's literally a 1/4" too narrow to get the HPs in with cables attached without bending them more than I am comfortable doing.

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #3,401 of 5,796
For all of you who have patiently awaited availability for upgrades, we have just sent notifications to the next batch of eligible owners!  

Much thanks for the notification. I have the bad habit of going months without checking my personal email. So would have missed the 2 week window. But this way, I'm in. :cool:

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #3,402 of 5,796
Speaking of cases, what's the best option for a carrying case with a handle or strap that fits the HPs with cables attached? I dislike removing the cables too often, causing wear. I have a Dolphin case model D8005 but it's literally a 1/4" too narrow to get the HPs in with cables attached without bending them more than I am comfortable doing.

Sort of reluctant to recommend it, as while this is huge, it's somewhat the same deal with bending the wires a bit uncomfortably.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ENO322C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483593579&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=CASEBUDi+XXL&dpPl=1&dpID=51Yk-bdrvdL&ref=plSrch

Tho, I don't get it? Off/On of the wires are extremely easy on the Ether, with a satisfying snap? Why avoid that?

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #3,403 of 5,796
P.s. I didn't notice a cable termination option on the upgrade page. Did I miss that? Will email my option noting the order number.

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #3,404 of 5,796
Sort of reluctant to recommend it, as while this is huge, it's somewhat the same deal with bending the wires a bit uncomfortably.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ENO322C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483593579&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=CASEBUDi+XXL&dpPl=1&dpID=51Yk-bdrvdL&ref=plSrch

Tho, I don't get it? Off/On of the wires are extremely easy on the Ether, with a satisfying snap? Why avoid that?

You're right on both accounts. That case doesn't look better than what I have (in fact, less functional) and yeah, those cables come off and on real easy. I come from a world of BNC cabling in the past (these look exactly like BNC terminations) and kept thinking I had to push and then twist them on. After taking them off and putting them on a couple times I see that it won't be a problem after all. The Dolphin case will continue to work beautifully for taking them out and about.

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #3,405 of 5,796
That's a good question. I did an A/B with the Ether c flow and the Z1R both single ended. I will look around the store to see if I can get a cable to run the Ether balanced

Can I ask you what's your first impression after the A/B? I did the sam, just curious. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back