MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 13, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #1,201 of 5,796
C flow has more air than the original C? If so then I wouldn't even understand. Having the original C for now could use bit more bass and a bit more air like 15khz+ 

Also is the C Flow more resolving even when having that "smoother" treble as compared to C?

Soundstage isn't even a problem on these really its just... makes no sense already how good it is for a closed headphone... 
basshead.gif

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,202 of 5,796
In the past week I've read a few comments regarding the soundstage of the Flow C. The C itself is already a soundstage monster and the Flow should only be better. I don't know how many times in the last year that I put on the C's, press play then think "Oh siht! I left the speakers on."

The more headphones I acquire the more I learn to love the original C imaging... It's SO pinpoint accurate

In this song for example even with youtubes compression everything is extremely accurate 
beerchug.gif

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #1,203 of 5,796
C flow has more air than the original C? If so then I wouldn't even understand. Having the original C for now could use bit more bass and a bit more air like 15khz+ 

Also is the C Flow more resolving even when having that "smoother" treble as compared to C?

Soundstage isn't even a problem on these really its just... makes no sense already how good it is for a closed headphone... :basshead:

I never owned the C but spent time listening to Matt's and Dan's (the prototypes) at Nashville Meets and loved them. Without being able to do a head to head, so large grain of salt, the Flow C is much faster sounding, with lower distortion, and improved soundstage. I tried to get an Audeze LCD-XC in for the review, to no avail, so a I can say it's the best closed can I've heard, without being able to comment on the XC 2016.

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #1,204 of 5,796
The more headphones I acquire the more I learn to love the original C imaging... It's SO pinpoint accurate

In this song for example even with youtubes compression everything is extremely accurate :beerchug:

The only closed headphone I know that sounds bigger than the C is the CD3000. It sounds bigger and airier but does not have the black background and definition. Maybe the C Flow will beat the CD3000.

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #1,205 of 5,796

In this song for example even with youtubes compression everything is extremely accurate :beerchug:

Took a little break from my paper and main rig. I'm finding a similar pinpoint large soundstage on Floyd's "Atom Heart Mother", through my little X7.

Aug 13, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #1,206 of 5,796
Aug 13, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #1,208 of 5,796
Sick I can't be there.. Thanks for the thoughts though..I did think it would be rammed there..May be more.footfall Sunday...

Disappointed, was hoping for your London commentary, pity you can't go. Married my first Wife at John Wesley's Cathedral, almost sufficiently recovered for a return visit :wink:...

Aug 14, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #1,209 of 5,796
Folks that have listened to the Ether C Flows... how's the noise isolation?  This style of headphone setup looks the same as the Denon D7000 (and below) line, which I found very low-clamp and moderate noise leakage... especially that people around me at the office could hear what I was listening to, and it got annoying for them.  Similar situation with these?

Aug 14, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #1,210 of 5,796
  Folks that have listened to the Ether C Flows... how's the noise isolation?  This style of headphone setup looks the same as the Denon D7000 (and below) line, which I found very low-clamp and moderate noise leakage... especially that people around me at the office could hear what I was listening to, and it got annoying for them.  Similar situation with these?

Hopefully not!!! :)

Aug 14, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #1,211 of 5,796

Considering C Flow has the same amount of leakage as the original C It's really good!

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #1,212 of 5,796
  Considering C Flow has the same amount of leakage as the original C It's really good!

Hey, I'm finding not much information about noise isolation on the original C's.  Did you use them moderately loudly in generally quiet environments?  Folks around you couldn't hear your music?

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #1,213 of 5,796

Hey, I'm finding not much information about noise isolation on the original C's.  Did you use them moderately loudly in generally quiet environments?  Folks around you couldn't hear your music?

well in my room which is quiet right now having the C's on top of a box so the earcups are sealed against it I can only hear some high frequencies but its not distracting in the least with Drum & Bass playing at decent volume with them right next to me I can barely make out the melody. The seal I find is good too. Due to the fully closed design (other than tiny vent on the top of the cups) and the thick leather earpads they block out sound nicely.

Aug 14, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #1,214 of 5,796
  well in my room which is quiet right now having the C's on top of a box so the earcups are sealed against it I can only hear some high frequencies but its not distracting in the least with Drum & Bass playing at decent volume with them right next to me I can barely make out the melody. The seal I find is good too. Due to the fully closed design (other than tiny vent on the top of the cups) and the thick leather earpads they block out sound nicely.

Good info, thanks!

Aug 14, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #1,215 of 5,796
Dear all,

While in London, at the CanJam, did anyone have a chance to compare the new AKG 872 to the Ether Flow C ?

Greetings from Zürich

Urs

BTW: a good sound / noise  isolation both ways is also high on my list for a good closed back phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back