MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 14, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #1,231 of 5,796
Makes sense.  Even as stated on the first page of this thread, the jump from the Ether 1.1 to the Ether Flow was always going to be a much bigger one than the C 1.1 to the Flow C.  I'm surprised to hear that the Flow C has lost some sparkle to your ears, but perhaps that's a product of having a more present low-end response.

For me, closed isn't critical, but would be a welcome change from my current K702 Annies, as they do leak quite a bit of sound into my small place.  I do 50/50 music:gaming, and my fiance and I currently live in a small condo (house search will go into full swing after the wedding), so closed would diminish my Overwatch background noise as she reads at night.  Plus, I feel like my musical tastes will benefit from the sub-bass in the Flow C over the signature of the Flow.  I don't know; these will be the most expensive piece of audio equipment that I own (and my first over $1,000), so I want to make sure that I make the right decision.

As someone who isn't able to demo them in person, I am incredibly appreciative of the impressions!  
There is more of the sub bass and a bit more mids also. If I had not had the C 1.1's for as long as I have had I would probably get the C flows they are great headphones better than the C originals but that one little thing that I have gotten too used to keeps me from wanting the C Flows. I listened to the prototypes and bought mine from what I heard so I'm a early adopter of that sound. The Flow C's should do great at gamming as the C's do but with more soundstage and better seperation . It is just a little thing that stops me just like having your favorite chair that you have broke in so well and then getting something new that is just a little different it's fine but not the same. I hope that makes sense they are not too different I just want the sparkle in the flows and I'm done.

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #1,233 of 5,796
The new C Flows really looks awesome. The original C was no slouch though.
I'm still on the fence which look I like better. I think I have to give the nod to the originals right now but that tighter weave is pretty sweet.

Aug 14, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #1,236 of 5,796
I'm still on the fence which look I like better. I think I have to give the nod to the originals right now but that tighter weave is pretty sweet.

From photos only, I plan on the functional upgrade only. I love the look of the C, so no reason for me to go to the new look. That said, if I was buying outright, the new look is pretty cool also.

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #1,237 of 5,796
For those of you who are Rock (and more specifically Grunge) fans, I have to tell you.... you're in for a treat with the Ether Flows. I loaded up a couple of my favorite Pearl Jam songs tonight, one word.... Spectacular.

Dissident - This is one of my favorite fast+loud songs. Unfortunately it's very easy for things to become muddied and everything to be blended together. Not here, the Ether Flows handled this song with absolute grace. For one, the speed is amazing and individual drum beats and symbol crashes can be made out and enjoyed easily. Guitar layering and separation is beautifully handled and honestly there's so much more to this song that I've never heard before now. What a blast.

Release - Much the same as above. In my opinion the vocals in this song are haunting and tonight I got chills. Enough said.

Can't wait to load up some more of my old High School favorites so I can hear them for the first time all over again.

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #1,238 of 5,796
After hearing both the Ether Flow and Ether C Flow I will not be upgrading my C's to C Flow. For the most part it is a better headphone but to lose the top end sparkle I don't think I want to give that up. Going open upgrade is still a possibility as I liked the Ether Flow much better. I wish I could buy the open flows and keep the C's but that is not a option at the moment. Still a great headphone and I like having the closed backs but can't get past that one little thing that I love so much about them.

This my thought as well.. I would not go from the C to the C Flow. I actually liked my C better... Bbbbuuut the Open Flow is amazaballs.. After hearing it I have decided having a closed headphone is maybe not all that important lol so I will be upgrading to the Open Flow for sure

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #1,240 of 5,796
So Ether Flow > Ether C > Ether C Flow > Ether?

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #1,241 of 5,796
Aug 15, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #1,243 of 5,796
One poster said he liked the flow C most. We've only read a few discrete impression posts up to this point.

Quite a few people have stated they like the C Flow better. :wink_face:

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #1,245 of 5,796
Shifting back to the isolation thing... I know the Flow C is basically the same, from what I read here.

But I never handled the former C. So don't have a frame of reference.

In terms of comparison to something I know, the Maddog 3.2 or AlphaPrime ... does the C isolate more, less or the same?

Thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back